MedCapsules Forum
Lemon Water - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: Lemon Water (/showthread.php?tid=6411)

Lemon Water - dmshouse - 02-10-2014 06:40 AM

James, I just heard an interview you did where you were discussing alkaline water and that drinking this disturbs the acid balance in the body. I have been told drinking warm lemon water in the morning is good for you and one of the reasons being that it is alkaline. The many posts now circulating on the web also say alkaline is good because cancer can't live in it well. I heard you refute this well in the interview, but I am still confused if drinking lemon water will help you or it will unbalance your stomach acids? I believe it does help to detoxify you, but I haven't been able to find studies stating that.

Please let me know if doing this once a day has any benefit at all. I put my water through a manual purifier, the charcoal kind, and don't even know if this is good to do after listening to you. To drink spring water you have to buy it bottled, which may have plastic chemicals by the time you get it, and it's also not very 'green', with littering the world with plastic bottles. HELP. Water? Lemon water? What is good for me?
Thanks!

RE: Lemon Water - James - 03-29-2014 01:53 AM

(02-10-2014 06:40 AM)dmshouse Wrote:  James, I just heard an interview you did where you were discussing alkaline water and that drinking this disturbs the acid balance in the body. I have been told drinking warm lemon water in the morning is good for you and one of the reasons being that it is alkaline. The many posts now circulating on the web also say alkaline is good because cancer can't live in it well. I heard you refute this well in the interview, but I am still confused if drinking lemon water will help you or it will unbalance your stomach acids? I believe it does help to detoxify you, but I haven't been able to find studies stating that.

Please let me know if doing this once a day has any benefit at all. I put my water through a manual purifier, the charcoal kind, and don't even know if this is good to do after listening to you. To drink spring water you have to buy it bottled, which may have plastic chemicals by the time you get it, and it's also not very 'green', with littering the world with plastic bottles. HELP. Water? Lemon water? What is good for me?
Thanks!

There is common misconception that lemon juice becomes alkaline in the body. Lemons are actually quite acidic containing citric acid, ascorbic acid, malic acid, tartaric acid and oxalic acid. The alkalizing effect of lemons occurs from the bicarbonate release from the pancreas as the chyme leaves the stomach. But this is true of ALL foods whether it be lemon, steak, cake, candy bars, lettuce, fish, turnips, etc.

But lemon juice is still great for the body. The acidity can help with digestion and absorption of nutrients. It is a good source of vitamin C and bioflavonoids, and the citric and malic acid help increase ATP levels. Malic acid is also great for dissolving uric acid.