MedCapsules Forum
Lecithin - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: Lecithin (/showthread.php?tid=5790)

Lecithin - Morgan5 - 01-13-2014 02:48 PM

Hi again, I have another question, this time regarding lecithin.

Firstly, is there a difference between taking lecithin powder and lecithin granules? (I've just recently purchased some lecithin and it came as powder) I read somewhere that powder doesn't contain as much oils as granules and is processed to eliminate phytoestrogen content.

Secondly, do I really have to take 1 tbsp 3 times daily? Will the beneficial effect disappear completely if I take lower dose, for ex. a teaspoon 3 times daily, or will it just slow down the recovery?

In my country, a pound of lecithin powder goes for about 15 dollars and it gets used up pretty quickly at the 3 tbsp per day rate.

RE: Lecithin - Morgan5 - 01-15-2014 12:43 PM

Sorry for the double post, but I have to add something. I eat about 3 whole eggs with liquid yolks every single day.

I read that eggs contain fair amount of lecithin on their own. Does that single fact mean I can eat less of the lecithin powder than recommended? I also don't want to exceed the 30 g a day limit, that you wrote about on curezone some time ago (the reason was lecithin's phosphorus content interfering with calcium).

I'd really appreciate your help on the topic, as well as on the magnesium one I posted a few days ago.

RE: Lecithin - Morgan5 - 01-16-2014 03:20 AM

Sorry again, but I just came across this interesting product. Please merge these 3 posts into one James if you show up and read this, once again I'm sorry for the mess.

But back on the topic, today I came across a form of lecithin flour with lecithin content of 48%.

In 100g it contains:

46 g of Fats
22g of Carbs
3g of Fiber
4g of Protein
3g of Moisture
23 g of Ash (I don't know what could it be)

They say it consists of sunflower lecithin and wheat flour and also silicon dioxide as carriers. They say the product is used in baking.

My question is: Can i take it instead of 100% lecithin? It is still cheaper than the regular one even if I were to take double dose to meet the daily requirements.

RE: Lecithin - James - 02-03-2014 03:41 AM

(01-13-2014 02:48 PM)Morgan5 Wrote:  Hi again, I have another question, this time regarding lecithin.

Firstly, is there a difference between taking lecithin powder and lecithin granules? (I've just recently purchased some lecithin and it came as powder) I read somewhere that powder doesn't contain as much oils as granules and is processed to eliminate phytoestrogen content.

Secondly, do I really have to take 1 tbsp 3 times daily? Will the beneficial effect disappear completely if I take lower dose, for ex. a teaspoon 3 times daily, or will it just slow down the recovery?

In my country, a pound of lecithin powder goes for about 15 dollars and it gets used up pretty quickly at the 3 tbsp per day rate.

There is no difference in composition between the granules and powder. It is like pollen granules and pollen powder have the same composition, but just different particle sizes.

Both lecithin granules and lecithin powder are de-oiled. It is liquid lecithin that still has oil. Crude lecithin though is very thick and sticky so it is not used as is in lecithin liquids or softgels. Instead is gets heavily diluted with soy oil to make it fluid. This also dilutes the active components and is why I prefer the granules or powder.

You do not have to take t tablespoons a day. A lower dose will still work, it may just take a little longer to have some effects.

RE: Lecithin - James - 02-03-2014 03:43 AM

(01-15-2014 12:43 PM)Morgan5 Wrote:  Sorry for the double post, but I have to add something. I eat about 3 whole eggs with liquid yolks every single day.

I read that eggs contain fair amount of lecithin on their own. Does that single fact mean I can eat less of the lecithin powder than recommended? I also don't want to exceed the 30 g a day limit, that you wrote about on curezone some time ago (the reason was lecithin's phosphorus content interfering with calcium).

I'd really appreciate your help on the topic, as well as on the magnesium one I posted a few days ago.

Egg yolks are a good source of lecithin, so you can lower your intake of supplemental lecithin.

Dandelion flowers are also rich and are significantly higher in lecithin than soy. Just pinch off the bitter calyx off the bottom of the flower before eating it.

RE: Lecithin - James - 02-03-2014 03:45 AM

(01-16-2014 03:20 AM)Morgan5 Wrote:  Sorry again, but I just came across this interesting product. Please merge these 3 posts into one James if you show up and read this, once again I'm sorry for the mess.

But back on the topic, today I came across a form of lecithin flour with lecithin content of 48%.

In 100g it contains:

46 g of Fats
22g of Carbs
3g of Fiber
4g of Protein
3g of Moisture
23 g of Ash (I don't know what could it be)

They say it consists of sunflower lecithin and wheat flour and also silicon dioxide as carriers. They say the product is used in baking.

My question is: Can i take it instead of 100% lecithin? It is still cheaper than the regular one even if I were to take double dose to meet the daily requirements.

Yes, that will work as long as you do not have problems with the gluten in wheat.