MedCapsules Forum
Gall bladder - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: Gall bladder (/showthread.php?tid=5319)

Gall bladder - Collette - 11-30-2013 12:05 AM

Hoping for some advice, my daughter had her gallbladder removed after an acute attack last year. There was a blockage from a large gallstone. I was wondering if there was any health advice you could give me. Is it true that the bile now goes into her intestines and could burn the lining. Any advice appreciated..thanks

RE: Gall bladder - James - 11-30-2013 01:25 AM

(11-30-2013 12:05 AM)Collette Wrote:  Hoping for some advice, my daughter had her gallbladder removed after an acute attack last year. There was a blockage from a large gallstone. I was wondering if there was any health advice you could give me. Is it true that the bile now goes into her intestines and could burn the lining. Any advice appreciated..thanks

Yes, once the gallbladder is removed the bile no longer squirts in small amounts in to the intestines. Instead it dumps in to the intestines. Due to bile's caustic nature the bile burns the intestinal wall leading to the chronic diarrhea people tend to develop after having their gallbladder removed. The inflammation this causes has also been found to increase the risk of intestinal cancer.

A simple way to reduce the risks is to mix 2 parts of slippery elm or marshmallow root with 1 part of licorice root powder. I recommend a half teaspoon of the mix with each meal. It can be mixed in a thick substance like a little apple sauce or I just put powders under my tongue, take a mouth full of water, swish and swallow. Just be careful not to inhale the powder. The slippery elm or marshmallow root are mucilages, which will help protect the intestinal lining. The licorice root is a steroidal anti-inflammatory.