MedCapsules Forum
hi james about nettle leaf vitamin c and the nutrients - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: hi james about nettle leaf vitamin c and the nutrients (/showthread.php?tid=5090)

hi james about nettle leaf vitamin c and the nutrients - cdog - 09-11-2013 05:30 PM

hi james my budget is tight and I really cant get a lot of herbs right now but one I am going to get nettle leaf again is the nettle leaf vitamin c stable cause i seen your post on the thread about rose hips and amla u said the rose hips have more vitamin c but the amla berry is more stable right now I can just get one herb and I need some vitamin c to build collagen so will nettle leaf be ok does it have a fair amount of vitamin c like is the vitamin c stable in the nettle leaf I just really want a multivitamin and I heard nettle leaf have a lot of nutrients I just want to heal up my body

RE: hi james about nettle leaf vitamin c and the nutrients - James - 09-13-2013 05:52 AM

(09-11-2013 05:30 PM)cdog Wrote:  hi james my budget is tight and I really cant get a lot of herbs right now but one I am going to get nettle leaf again is the nettle leaf vitamin c stable cause i seen your post on the thread about rose hips and amla u said the rose hips have more vitamin c but the amla berry is more stable right now I can just get one herb and I need some vitamin c to build collagen so will nettle leaf be ok does it have a fair amount of vitamin c like is the vitamin c stable in the nettle leaf I just really want a multivitamin and I heard nettle leaf have a lot of nutrients I just want to heal up my body

Nettle leaf has a fair amount of vitamin C, but nowhere near the levels of sources such as acerola, amla or rose hips. On the other hand nettle leaf is a much better source of silica for collagen formation.

This is another reason I prefer formulations over individual herbs in most cases. Formulations can cover a lot more aspects. Therefore, I would recommend going with the nettle leaf in conjunction with a high vitamin C source. The nettle leaf is also a good source of amino acids and trace minerals also needed for collagen formation.