MedCapsules Forum
I really need your help, severe health problem - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: I really need your help, severe health problem (/showthread.php?tid=5078)

I really need your help, severe health problem - Philipd - 09-08-2013 12:21 AM

Hi James, been reading through some of the old threads on curezone but really need your expertise and knowledge.

I'm 22 years old male and became really sick after switching diets back and forth and also supplementing with iodine, this is going to be long but I'm desperate and have suicidal thougts from time to time so will explain what has happened.

My reason for starting to change diet was because I was diagnosed with seborreic dermatitis on my face when I was 20. I knew that it was diet related and discovered that I had candida and leaky gut. I went through an intolerence test and found out that I was sensitive to alot of foods. I removed these from my diet and also all saturated fat because for some reason these increased my sebum production with massive amounts, coconut oil being the worst.

The diet I was eating consisted of fish, lean proteins, nuts ands seeds and potatoes and brown rice for energy. This totally "cured" me from my eczema and I felt great. I was very limited so after one year I started to read the 801010 diet by graham and started to incorperate alot of fruits. After some time I developed jock itch and this made me really sad so I started to look in to other diets that where focusing on leaky gut and candida. I started the gaps diet which was heavy in animal fats and after about three months my face was so bad that I couldn't handle it. Whiteheads and blackheads in places I never had before and alot of pimples and the jock itch was the same. Clearly my body couldn't handle the saturated fats.

I stopped the diet and returned to the 801010 diet and started a mono diet of bananas which is heavy promoted, this is where my health started to decline. After about two days my stomach started to make alot of noise and I became extremely gassy, this had not happen to me before. I kept on going and after two weeks I had severe brainfog and anxiety, and also dry skin. I was also burping alot when I drank water.

I stopped the diet and returned to eating cooked carbs and protein but something was wrong. After everymeal I was burping like crazy and this also kept happening when I drank water. I still had anxiety attacks and dry skin and also a very puffy face. I started to go back in my own "history" and it was clear that I've had alot of hypothyroid symtoms come and go, cold hands and feet, puffy face, very low body temp and so on for years. And was now also experying hairloss.

When being vegan for more than one year and before that, a very low salt user I came to the conclusion that I might be iodine deficient. I had never belivieved in megadosing anything so I started with one drop of lugol's solution and felt fine at first but after one week my thyroid started to hurt and felt like a lump in my throat. I read that this could happen when you start to supplement so I kept on going. After one more week my thyroid was pulsing and I started to have very heavy arms, it felt as my energy was not going out to them. This scared me and I stopped the iodine. This was two months ago and after that my health has been declining everyday with new symtoms. This is where I am right now:
Severe heart burn and exessive burping, never had in my life
No hunger due too feeling totally full even if I don't eat
No thirtst because everytime I drink I start to burp
Pressure under my chest as if something is trying to come up
Heavy arms and legs
No libido what so ever
Brain fog
Anxiety and suicidal thoughts
Sever hair loss
Wake up exactly at the same time in the mornings, does not matter when I go to bed and when I wake up I can't fall asleep again.

I have been to the doctors and my TSH, t3, and t4 looks great and no antibodies for hashimotos.

Could the iodine have made me more hypothyroid, which led to low stomach acid and maybe SIBO. I don't really know if the pain around the thyroid is due to acid reflux or if it's actually in the thyroid because it comes after I eat. Most of these symtoms started when I began taking iodine especially the heavy arms and legs which is the worst, they feel like led and my digestion seems to have stopped completely.

The heavy arms and legs is sometimes lifted when I eat straight sugar like honey, so maybe my body can't digest anything for energy?

I'm lost but i feels like over fermentation because of the extreme burping and the strange thing is that when I feel cold usually the heavy arms and legs goes away so my thyroid seems to be implicated. I don't really know what to eat because my digestion is so weak and things like brown rice and protein makes me full for the whole day even an apple can make me totally full. When I wake up in the morning and burp I can taste what I had the day before. the feeling I have is that my stomach is really full but when I went for an gastroscopy everything looked fine. And they tested me for H-pylori which was negative.

I'm not constipaded and have no bloating, the pressure I feel is higher just over the stomach which is pressing on my chest and sometimes making it hard to breath.

Please respond with your thougts and what this can be, my own thoughts is that I have the following:
Yeast overgrowth - anal itching, jock itch, seb derm which all get comes when I eat sugar.
Low stomach acid
SIBO or just over fermentation in the stomach
Thyroid problem, was almost sure it was hashimotos but no antibodies

I really need your advice because I'm not able to function. Before this when I only had leaky gut and candida I still had good digestion and energy and was very active.

Thank you for your time

RE: I really need your help, severe health problem - James - 09-09-2013 06:23 AM

(09-08-2013 12:21 AM)Philipd Wrote:  Hi James, been reading through some of the old threads on curezone but really need your expertise and knowledge.

I'm 22 years old male and became really sick after switching diets back and forth and also supplementing with iodine, this is going to be long but I'm desperate and have suicidal thougts from time to time so will explain what has happened.

My reason for starting to change diet was because I was diagnosed with seborreic dermatitis on my face when I was 20. I knew that it was diet related and discovered that I had candida and leaky gut. I went through an intolerence test and found out that I was sensitive to alot of foods. I removed these from my diet and also all saturated fat because for some reason these increased my sebum production with massive amounts, coconut oil being the worst.

The diet I was eating consisted of fish, lean proteins, nuts ands seeds and potatoes and brown rice for energy. This totally "cured" me from my eczema and I felt great. I was very limited so after one year I started to read the 801010 diet by graham and started to incorperate alot of fruits. After some time I developed jock itch and this made me really sad so I started to look in to other diets that where focusing on leaky gut and candida. I started the gaps diet which was heavy in animal fats and after about three months my face was so bad that I couldn't handle it. Whiteheads and blackheads in places I never had before and alot of pimples and the jock itch was the same. Clearly my body couldn't handle the saturated fats.

I stopped the diet and returned to the 801010 diet and started a mono diet of bananas which is heavy promoted, this is where my health started to decline. After about two days my stomach started to make alot of noise and I became extremely gassy, this had not happen to me before. I kept on going and after two weeks I had severe brainfog and anxiety, and also dry skin. I was also burping alot when I drank water.

I stopped the diet and returned to eating cooked carbs and protein but something was wrong. After everymeal I was burping like crazy and this also kept happening when I drank water. I still had anxiety attacks and dry skin and also a very puffy face. I started to go back in my own "history" and it was clear that I've had alot of hypothyroid symtoms come and go, cold hands and feet, puffy face, very low body temp and so on for years. And was now also experying hairloss.

When being vegan for more than one year and before that, a very low salt user I came to the conclusion that I might be iodine deficient. I had never belivieved in megadosing anything so I started with one drop of lugol's solution and felt fine at first but after one week my thyroid started to hurt and felt like a lump in my throat. I read that this could happen when you start to supplement so I kept on going. After one more week my thyroid was pulsing and I started to have very heavy arms, it felt as my energy was not going out to them. This scared me and I stopped the iodine. This was two months ago and after that my health has been declining everyday with new symtoms. This is where I am right now:
Severe heart burn and exessive burping, never had in my life
No hunger due too feeling totally full even if I don't eat
No thirtst because everytime I drink I start to burp
Pressure under my chest as if something is trying to come up
Heavy arms and legs
No libido what so ever
Brain fog
Anxiety and suicidal thoughts
Sever hair loss
Wake up exactly at the same time in the mornings, does not matter when I go to bed and when I wake up I can't fall asleep again.

I have been to the doctors and my TSH, t3, and t4 looks great and no antibodies for hashimotos.

Could the iodine have made me more hypothyroid, which led to low stomach acid and maybe SIBO. I don't really know if the pain around the thyroid is due to acid reflux or if it's actually in the thyroid because it comes after I eat. Most of these symtoms started when I began taking iodine especially the heavy arms and legs which is the worst, they feel like led and my digestion seems to have stopped completely.

The heavy arms and legs is sometimes lifted when I eat straight sugar like honey, so maybe my body can't digest anything for energy?

I'm lost but i feels like over fermentation because of the extreme burping and the strange thing is that when I feel cold usually the heavy arms and legs goes away so my thyroid seems to be implicated. I don't really know what to eat because my digestion is so weak and things like brown rice and protein makes me full for the whole day even an apple can make me totally full. When I wake up in the morning and burp I can taste what I had the day before. the feeling I have is that my stomach is really full but when I went for an gastroscopy everything looked fine. And they tested me for H-pylori which was negative.

I'm not constipaded and have no bloating, the pressure I feel is higher just over the stomach which is pressing on my chest and sometimes making it hard to breath.

Please respond with your thougts and what this can be, my own thoughts is that I have the following:
Yeast overgrowth - anal itching, jock itch, seb derm which all get comes when I eat sugar.
Low stomach acid
SIBO or just over fermentation in the stomach
Thyroid problem, was almost sure it was hashimotos but no antibodies

I really need your advice because I'm not able to function. Before this when I only had leaky gut and candida I still had good digestion and energy and was very active.

Thank you for your time

Many of your symptoms are definitely symptoms of hypothyroidism including the depression, dry skin, brain fog, hair loss, insomnia, low energy, etc. Unfortunately laboratory thyroid tests are not very accurate and frequently miss cases of hypothyroidism.

Do I think that the iodine you have been taking has something to do with this? ABSOLUTLEY!!! Iodine is essential to health, but I have been trying to warn people about the dangers of taking excess iodine for years. We need water for health as well, but this does not mean we should consume 10 gallons a day since this would kill us. Iodine is only needed in very small amounts on a daily basis and the thyroid will retain iodine if intake is low. So there is no reason to take excessive doses. And even one drop of Lugol's is excessive. One drop of 2% Lugol's is 1.25mg of iodine and 1.875mg iodide. A single drop of 5% Lugol's solution is 2.5mg iodine and 3.75 iodide. The recommended safe limit for iodine though is only 150mcg (microgram). Not even counting the iodide in 2% Lugol's the iodine alone in one drop of 2% Lugol's is 1250mcg, which is nearly 10 times higher than the recommended safe limit.

Further compounding the problem is the coconut oil you were taking, which is also high in iodine.

One of the side effects that can occur with the ingestion of iodine in some individuals is acne. This is not from the mythical "bromine detox":

http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2485

The acne results from the iodine itself, which as it exits through the pores irritates the pores leading to inflammation:

http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3597&highlight=acne

http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3596&highlight=acne

Excess iodine is also well known for causing hyperthyroidism, followed by a rebound hypothyroidism. A friend of mine recently died from this. His medication contained so much iodine (75mg per pill) that the drug put him in to a state of hyperthyroidism. His secondary doctor agreed and had him wean off the drug. It took months, but he returned to normal after going through severe hypothyroid effects. His first doctor put him back on the drug, even though in my opinion it was not needed since he was already on another drug for the same problem. His first doctor put him back on double the dose, which led to such severe hypothyroidism that he was to weak to even swallow spoon fulls of water and he died. So anyone claiming high doses of iodine is safe and cannot cause hypothyroidism is a liar!!! I have plenty of information on iodine and its adverse effects in excess here:

http://medcapsules.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=70

http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5074

The digestive issues sound like in part yeast overgrowth from a lack of stomach acid, and that was aggravated by the fruit diet. This is another great example of why I don't believe in any strict diet. All strict diets can have their limitations and problems. Fruit diets for example are high in fructose that is hard on the liver. Stressing the liver can also promote acne as the liver breaks down the androgens (testosterone and progesterone) that can cause acne. Fruit and vegetarian diets also lack B12, which in the long term deficiencies lead to lower stomach acid formation. This is turn leads to more fermentation especially with all the sugars from the fruit, impaired digestion, gastroparesis that could be why you feel full even without eating, etc.

http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2945

http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2632

II also suspect that you may have a hiatal hernia. Do you ever get a "catching" feeling when you swallow near the diaphragm? That is a common symptom with hiatal hernia.

Anal itching can be from several things. Not likely pinworms though since they cause itching at night, not when you eat sugar. So what is left is either hemorrhoids, which can be aggravated by liver issues from too much fruit sugar, or fungi. Being that you also have jock itch aggravated by the sugars I would say fungi around the anus is more likely. The dermatitis could also be fungal.

A few recommendations. First of all I recommend a half dropper full of digestive bitters before meals. It is best to work up to the three times daily over a week or so and drink plenty of water throughout the day as you will detox. Bitters will help to keep your hormones in check and thus the acne. Bitters also improve digestion and reduce fermentation. Any bitter herb will work, but you can also find a variety of digestive bitters in health food stores.

Zinc also helps with acne and digestion. Here is more on acne:

http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3533

I also recommend cutting back on the iodine slowly so the thyroid can recover. If you can find some coleus forskohlii this will help your cells to properly use the iodine available properly.

Fermented foods such as kefirs, cultured vegetables, miso, tempeh, etc. will help with SIBO and candidiasis. Make sure you are getting some fiber in your diet to feed the flora. I prefer rice or oat bran since they are also good B vitamin and silica sources. Vegetable gums such as xanthan, guar or konjac (glucomannan) are also good as is FOS. Avoid psyllium since it is well known for causing bloating.

Finally, I recommend working on your adrenal glands. This can help with issues such as dermatitis and can help the thyroid in some cases. Here is more information on supporting your adrenals:

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1527351#i

I would start with those and see how things go first. Certain things such as hypothyroidism can have numerous causes so it is best to work on some on the more specific problems primarily then address any remaining symptoms if any later on.

RE: I really need your help, severe health problem - Philipd - 09-09-2013 12:03 PM

I really thank you for the reply and I totally agree about iodine being dangerous, and I was only taking one drop/day of the 2% and this made me unable to function.

I was low in b12 and got injections to get it up which it is now.

One thing that I don't understand is how bad my skin gets from eating saturated fats, even from plant sources like coconut. When I do my pores litteraly ozez sebum, and I get alot of whiteheads blackheads, and pimples. This happens within 24 hours. This does not happen with omega 6 fats. The reason I'm bringing this up is because people like ray peat(a sientist that is focusing on thyroid health) and of course the paleo movement heavily promotes saturated fats and ray peat even writes that omega 3 fats is bad for us, all polys according to him are damaging to the thyroid. http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/fishoil.shtml He has alot of articles about thyroid and health.

I need a diet that will help my thyroid but I just hate to eat the saturated fats becase the effects they are having on my skin. Is it possible that I'm vitamin a deficient or do some people handle saturated fat worse than others. I have never liked saturated fats, even when I was little and I don't really buy the weston price foundation idees.

What would be a good diet for me with leaky gut, candida and thyroid problem?

The diet I was on before consisting of rice, potatoes, lean proteins some nuts, seeds berries and fruits kept my symtoms at bay and also cleared me of dandruff on my head but according to ray peat and paleo promotors this det woud be very damaging. They would like you to consume alot of bone broths and saturated fats which is making me sick just thinking about it.

One of my biggest problems is also that I tend to overthink alot of things, do you know a safe antidepressent that can be taken long term because this seem to run in my family, both my mother and grandfather was on alot of anti depression drugs but was also very succesfull people so I think our brains sometimes overthink alot of thing which is giving me anxiety and depression.

I undersand that you are doing this for free which is unbelieveble but I really trust you and I'm wondering if it would be possible to have a private consultation with payment?

Right now I'm still not able to eat alot because of extreme pressure in the chest and feeling full all the time, but I will try to follow your advice but would it be wrong to include a Hcl supplement because right now it seems that my own production is zero. If I eat a piece of fish to dinner and then I wake up in the morning I burp and can still taste the fish like 10 hours after I ate.

Thank you for your time

RE: I really need your help, severe health problem - James - 09-11-2013 12:05 AM

(09-09-2013 12:03 PM)Philipd Wrote:  I really thank you for the reply and I totally agree about iodine being dangerous, and I was only taking one drop/day of the 2% and this made me unable to function.

One thing that I don't understand is how bad my skin gets from eating saturated fats, even from plant sources like coconut. When I do my pores litteraly ozez sebum, and I get alot of whiteheads blackheads, and pimples. This happens within 24 hours. This does not happen with omega 6 fats. The reason I'm bringing this up is because people like ray peat(a sientist that is focusing on thyroid health) and of course the paleo movement heavily promotes saturated fats and ray peat even writes that omega 3 fats is bad for us, all polys according to him are damaging to the thyroid. http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/fishoil.shtml He has alot of articles about thyroid and health.

I looked through some of his references and looked at the actual studies. I noticed that the studies were all based on giving rats fish oil, which is not even part of their normal diet. This is like how they came to the false conclusion that cholesterol causes heart disease. They fed rabbits large doses of cholesterol that is not a normal constituent of their diet, so of course it caused health issues. This does not mean this applies to humans. Chocolate can kill a dog, but is not deadly to humans. Give a cat a diet high in plant material and they will develop kidney disease...... I ran a few searches based on his claims to see if there is any research on DHA for example causing thyroid or thymus suppression as Ray Peat claims and came up with nothing showing this in humans.

In addition, if Peat's claims were true then why would breast feeding an infant benefit the infant since breast milk supplies these fatty acids? Peat needs to supply some updated research with effects on humans, not rats, to back his claims.

I need a diet that will help my thyroid but I just hate to eat the saturated fats becase the effects they are having on my skin. Is it possible that I'm vitamin a deficient or do some people handle saturated fat worse than others. I have never liked saturated fats, even when I was little and I don't really buy the weston price foundation idees.

I don't consider the Weston A. Price Foundation WAPF) to be credible at all. They make up a lot of claims that can be easily disproven with a little research from credible sites and in some cases even by using a little common sense. If you read through this site's section on soy I address many of the false claims made by WAPF and one of its board members Dr. Joseph Mercola:

http://medcapsules.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=106

I have no idea what your diet is, but the problem may be your choice of fats. Animal fats for example can contain hormones that can contribute to acne. Some plant oils, such as borage and evening primrose oil, are also known to cause hormonal imbalances in some individuals. So can high doses of vitamin E. And as I mentioned earlier, coconut oil is high in iodine that can promote acne. Milk is also high in iodine, and beef would also likely contain a fair amount of iodine.

The other possibility is maybe you are having problems with properly metabolizing the fats.

As I mentioned in the last post cultured foods and more dietary fibers are the most important as these will increase acid formation that control the Candida and will help reduce leaky gut. Herbs such as yucca root or licorice root powders are also very helpful as they reduce inflammation directly and through adrenal support. The yucca root will also help reduce Candida overgrowth.

As for the thyroid simply weaning off the iodine may help. But there are so many causes of hypothyroidism that something else may be needed. I recommend getting off the excess iodine for a few months first to see if this normalizes the thyroid on its own. I also mentioned the herb coleus forskohlii in my last post to support the thyroid. Nettle leaf is also very supportive to the thyroid as is bladderwrack.

The diet I was on before consisting of rice, potatoes, lean proteins some nuts, seeds berries and fruits kept my symtoms at bay and also cleared me of dandruff on my head but according to ray peat and paleo promotors this det woud be very damaging. They would like you to consume alot of bone broths and saturated fats which is making me sick just thinking about it.

I don't believe in the diets promoted on many of the paleo boards either. Most of these sites don't have a clue what the original paleo diet was, which was a varied diet to begin with. Not just high protein, high fat as many of these sites claim. That is why they were referred to as "hunter-gatherers". Hunting as in meats and gathers as in leaves, roots, seeds including grains, etc.

One of my biggest problems is also that I tend to overthink alot of things, do you know a safe antidepressent that can be taken long term because this seem to run in my family, both my mother and grandfather was on alot of anti depression drugs but was also very succesfull people so I think our brains sometimes overthink alot of thing which is giving me anxiety and depression.

Depression is another thing that has numerous causes. low levels of serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, prostaglandins, etc. High prolactin levels, decreased methylation, hypothyroidism, adrenal dysfunction, nutritional deficiencies, many medications, etc.

Your depression may simply be from the iodine induced thyroid suppression. If this is the case staying off the excess iodine for a while may help the thyroid to recover and lift the depression.

Anxiety has been linked to excess epinephrine and lack of sufficient acetylcholine to balance it out or excess lactate levels. Nettle leaf can help in both cases. And a choline source such as lecithin granules or choline supplements can help. Choline is also great for methylation, which can help with depression by aiding in the formation of neurotransmitters.

If those do not help with the anxiety then the other option is the use of 1g glycine at least 30minutes before meals 3 times a day to raise GABA levels thus reducing anxiety.

I undersand that you are doing this for free which is unbelieveble but I really trust you and I'm wondering if it would be possible to have a private consultation with payment?

Yes, I can do a consultation with you over the phone. E-mail me at MMBotanic@aol.com and I will get something set up as soon as possible. Have a few other people already in line.

Right now I'm still not able to eat alot because of extreme pressure in the chest and feeling full all the time, but I will try to follow your advice but would it be wrong to include a Hcl supplement because right now it seems that my own production is zero. If I eat a piece of fish to dinner and then I wake up in the morning I burp and can still taste the fish like 10 hours after I ate.

That does sound like gastroparesis from a lack of stomach acid, so a betaine HCl supplement can help. But it also still sounds like a possible hiatal hernia. You did not answer my earlier question as to whether or not you feel a "catching' sensation by the center diaphragm when swallowing, which can be a symptom of hiatal hernia.

Thank you for your time

You are welcome.

RE: I really need your help, severe health problem - JC73 - 09-12-2013 06:29 AM

(09-11-2013 12:05 AM)James Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 12:03 PM)Philipd Wrote:  I really thank you for the reply and I totally agree about iodine being dangerous, and I was only taking one drop/day of the 2% and this made me unable to function.

I looked through some of his references and looked at the actual studies. I noticed that the studies were all based on giving rats fish oil, which is not even part of their normal diet. This is like how they came to the false conclusion that cholesterol causes heart disease. They fed rabbits large doses of cholesterol that is not a normal constituent of their diet, so of course it caused health issues. This does not mean this applies to humans. Chocolate can kill a dog, but is not deadly to humans. Give a cat a diet high in plant material and they will develop kidney disease...... I ran a few searches based on his claims to see if there is any research on DHA for example causing thyroid or thymus suppression as Ray Peat claims and came up with nothing showing this in humans.

In addition, if Peat's claims were true then why would breast feeding an infant benefit the infant since breast milk supplies these fatty acids? Peat needs to supply some updated research with effects on humans, not rats, to back his claims.

I don't consider the Weston A. Price Foundation WAPF) to be credible at all. They make up a lot of claims that can be easily disproven with a little research from credible sites and in some cases even by using a little common sense. If you read through this site's section on soy I address many of the false claims made by WAPF and one of its board members Dr. Joseph Mercola:

I have no idea what your diet is, but the problem may be your choice of fats. Animal fats for example can contain hormones that can contribute to acne. Some plant oils, such as borage and evening primrose oil, are also known to cause hormonal imbalances in some individuals. So can high doses of vitamin E. And as I mentioned earlier, coconut oil is high in iodine that can promote acne. Milk is also high in iodine, and beef would also likely contain a fair amount of iodine.

The other possibility is maybe you are having problems with properly metabolizing the fats.

As I mentioned in the last post cultured foods and more dietary fibers are the most important as these will increase acid formation that control the Candida and will help reduce leaky gut. Herbs such as yucca root or licorice root powders are also very helpful as they reduce inflammation directly and through adrenal support. The yucca root will also help reduce Candida overgrowth.

As for the thyroid simply weaning off the iodine may help. But there are so many causes of hypothyroidism that something else may be needed. I recommend getting off the excess iodine for a few months first to see if this normalizes the thyroid on its own. I also mentioned the herb coleus forskohlii in my last post to support the thyroid. Nettle leaf is also very supportive to the thyroid as is bladderwrack.

I don't believe in the diets promoted on many of the paleo boards either. Most of these sites don't have a clue what the original paleo diet was, which was a varied diet to begin with. Not just high protein, high fat as many of these sites claim. That is why they were referred to as "hunter-gatherers". Hunting as in meats and gathers as in leaves, roots, seeds including grains, etc.

Depression is another thing that has numerous causes. low levels of serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, prostaglandins, etc. High prolactin levels, decreased methylation, hypothyroidism, adrenal dysfunction, nutritional deficiencies, many medications, etc.

Your depression may simply be from the iodine induced thyroid suppression. If this is the case staying off the excess iodine for a while may help the thyroid to recover and lift the depression.

Anxiety has been linked to excess epinephrine and lack of sufficient acetylcholine to balance it out or excess lactate levels. Nettle leaf can help in both cases. And a choline source such as lecithin granules or choline supplements can help. Choline is also great for methylation, which can help with depression by aiding in the formation of neurotransmitters.

If those do not help with the anxiety then the other option is the use of 1g glycine at least 30minutes before meals 3 times a day to raise GABA levels thus reducing anxiety.

Yes, I can do a consultation with you over the phone. E-mail me at MMBotanic@aol.com and I will get something set up as soon as possible. Have a few other people already in line.

That does sound like gastroparesis from a lack of stomach acid, so a betaine HCl supplement can help. But it also still sounds like a possible hiatal hernia. You did not answer my earlier question as to whether or not you feel a "catching' sensation by the center diaphragm when swallowing, which can be a symptom of hiatal hernia.

Thank you for your time

You are welcome.

does nettle leaf increase estrogen level....that could be a problem??

RE: I really need your help, severe health problem - James - 09-13-2013 05:01 AM

(09-12-2013 06:29 AM)JC73 Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 12:05 AM)James Wrote:  

Thank you for your time

You are welcome.

does nettle leaf increase estrogen level....that could be a problem??

I have never heard of nettle leaf raising estrogen other that supporting the adrenals in post-menopausal women. Even in this case though the herb only supports the adrenals so they can produce what the body needs, but does not stimulate an actual rise in estrogen. And all plants, including nettle leaf contain phytoestrogens that are actually estrogen antagonists.

The root of nettle is an aromatase inhibitor and thus blocks the conversion of testosterone in to estrogen.