MedCapsules Forum
Metabolic X Syndrome & more - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: Metabolic X Syndrome & more (/showthread.php?tid=5056)

Metabolic X Syndrome & more - veganrawker - 09-01-2013 12:03 PM

Hi James,

I was recently introduced to you through a video I saw on Markus Rothkranz's facebook page about alkaline water. Very educational. I've actually started using the citric acid spray on my skin and it has been working better than any moisturizer I've ever used, including raw coconut oil.

Anyhow, I have a few concerns/questions:

1. What's the best way to deal with Metabolic X Syndrome?

2. Sometimes when I work out, I will smell like ammonia, what is causing this?

3. I have really low blood pressure, what can I do to improve this?

4. I also have too low cholesterol, aside from eating animals or animal excretions, what can I do to improve this?

5. I have low testosterone (I'm female) which has caused my libido to become non-existent (I'm 45), what can I do to balance my hormones and have a sex life again?

6. I am also fairly active - I strength train 3 days per week and do cardio 5-6 days per week but it seems impossible for me to burn the excess body fat on my body (last I checked I was at 25% and I've been at 25% despite actively working out for the last 3 years), and while that may be considered "normal", it does not look normal to me to have big belly and big thighs and jiggly triceps). My goal is to be around 18% body fat. I weigh around 130 #. My diet is really clean, mostly organic fruits and greens, I try to keep things low on the fat intake otherwise my blood sugar gets out of whack - yes, I am able to maintain a low and steady blood sugar level on a mostly fruit diet - I've tested myself several times. I personally think it's hormone related - low testosterone to be exact, your thoughts?

7. My right foot will often get really cold, even in the hot Texas summer, what is that about?

8. The skin on my forearms and shins gets really dry and my fingernails have ridges on them (running from cuticle to tip), what is that about?

If this is too much to answer here, I am more that happy to do a private consultation with you, let me know your fees and processes.

I'm desperate for answers since most "doctors" and "health experts" I've talked with have me running around in circles and doing crazy diet stuff or mass supplements and it only made things worse for me.

Thank you for your time and knowledge.

RE: Metabolic X Syndrome & more - Robynmc - 09-01-2013 02:58 PM

(09-01-2013 12:03 PM)veganrawker Wrote:  I've actually started using the citric acid spray on my skin and it has been working better than any moisturizer I've ever used, including raw coconut oil.

Hey Veganrawker

I saw that same video and really enjoyed it too. I just wanted to ask what citric acid you used and what was the ratio of water to citric acid?

I hope you get the answers you need and get your health issues back to normal asap!

Smile

RE: Metabolic X Syndrome & more - veganrawker - 09-02-2013 12:19 AM

(09-01-2013 02:58 PM)Robynmc Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 12:03 PM)veganrawker Wrote:  I've actually started using the citric acid spray on my skin and it has been working better than any moisturizer I've ever used, including raw coconut oil.

Hey Veganrawker

I saw that same video and really enjoyed it too. I just wanted to ask what citric acid you used and what was the ratio of water to citric acid?

I hope you get the answers you need and get your health issues back to normal asap!

Smile

I got the citric acid at Whole Foods and I use 1/4 teaspoon to 4 ounces of water. I have an empty spray bottle I mix it up in and use it to spray on my skin.

RE: Metabolic X Syndrome & more - Robynmc - 09-02-2013 03:28 AM

(09-02-2013 12:19 AM)veganrawker Wrote:  I got the citric acid at Whole Foods and I use 1/4 teaspoon to 4 ounces of water. I have an empty spray bottle I mix it up in and use it to spray on my skin.

Thank you! Smile

RE: Metabolic X Syndrome & more - James - 09-04-2013 03:09 AM

(09-01-2013 12:03 PM)veganrawker Wrote:  Hi James,

I was recently introduced to you through a video I saw on Markus Rothkranz's facebook page about alkaline water. Very educational. I've actually started using the citric acid spray on my skin and it has been working better than any moisturizer I've ever used, including raw coconut oil.

Anyhow, I have a few concerns/questions:

1. What's the best way to deal with Metabolic X Syndrome?

You are asking what is actually a very vague question. The reason is that syndromes are not specific diseases. Instead a syndrome is a group of symptoms. For example, AIDS is often incorrectly referred to as a disease when in fact it is a syndrome defined by specific symptoms.

When talking about metabolic syndrome you are referring to a variety of different symptoms with multiple causes. These can include anything from insulin resistance to thyroid issues to hormone imbalances such as PCOS, etc.

More details would really be needed. In general though I do recommend checking your basal body temperature first and if you suspect insulin resistance supplementing with chromium polynicotinate (not picolinate) and magnesium malate. Here are some links with more information:

http://mountainmistbotanicals.com/formulas/thyroid.htm

http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3159

http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3160

2. Sometimes when I work out, I will smell like ammonia, what is causing this?

Sounds like you are consuming an excess of protein. The body can only utilize about 90g of protein daily. Major athletes maybe another 10g or so. Anything above that is waste. As the proteins are broken down the amino acids formed are partially used and the excess are broken down further forming ammonia. This ammonia needs to be dealt with by forming other ammonia compounds such as uric acid and excreted. Some of this ends up being excreted through the skin where bacteria react on the compounds releasing the ammonia.

Unless you have a rare genetic disorder where you cannot metabolize ammonia compounds properly that is most likely the cause.

I recommend decreasing your protein intake and increasing your water intake. Spring water is the best or use purified waters with a pinch of trace element salt like Real Salt added to the water. In addition, try supplementing with 50mg of zinc daily with your largest meals.

3. I have really low blood pressure, what can I do to improve this?

Low blood pressure can be from several things. Not drinking enough water, adrenal issues or hypothyroidism are the most common causes. Your basal body temperature will help to identify is the thyroid can be an issue. Symptoms of adrenal dysfunction can include allergies, asthma, autoimmune disorders, blood sugar dropping when you don't eat, getting dizzy when suddenly standing, etc.

4. I also have too low cholesterol, aside from eating animals or animal excretions, what can I do to improve this?

Support your liver. The liver helps to regulate cholesterol by synthesizing cholesterol when needed and breaking it down when too high. Digestive bitters are a good start. I recommend a half a dropper full on the tongue before each meal. And again, drink plenty of water throughout the day. These will also help with hormone balance, weight loss, prevention of gallstones, etc. Stimulation of the gallbladder with the bitters will also move more cholesterol out of the gallbladder back in to the intestines where it can be reabsorbed back in to the bloodstream.

5. I have low testosterone (I'm female) which has caused my libido to become non-existent (I'm 45), what can I do to balance my hormones and have a sex life again?

Here is my write up on Hormone Balance:

http://www.medcapsules.com/info/Hormone_Balance.htm

More specifically to testosterone I recommend supplementing with tribulus terrestris to increase testosterone and/or nettle root as an aromatase inhibitor to block the conversion of testosterone in to estrogen.

If you are overweight losing some weight will also help as fat cells generate estrogen, which is a testosterone antagonist.

6. I am also fairly active - I strength train 3 days per week and do cardio 5-6 days per week but it seems impossible for me to burn the excess body fat on my body (last I checked I was at 25% and I've been at 25% despite actively working out for the last 3 years), and while that may be considered "normal", it does not look normal to me to have big belly and big thighs and jiggly triceps). My goal is to be around 18% body fat. I weigh around 130 #. My diet is really clean, mostly organic fruits and greens, I try to keep things low on the fat intake otherwise my blood sugar gets out of whack - yes, I am able to maintain a low and steady blood sugar level on a mostly fruit diet - I've tested myself several times. I personally think it's hormone related - low testosterone to be exact, your thoughts?

A high fruit diet is a lot of fructose, which is not good for the liver. You need to expand your diet some for starters.

Low testosterone can make it more difficult to gain muscle, but inability to lose fat can also be from other things from thyroid issues to medications.

7. My right foot will often get really cold, even in the hot Texas summer, what is that about?

If it were both feet or the extremities I would say likely the thyroid causing Raynaud's phenomena. If only one foot though it definitely sounds like a circulatory issue, which again can be from a variety of things such as narrowing of the arteries to nerve damage.

8. The skin on my forearms and shins gets really dry and my fingernails have ridges on them (running from cuticle to tip), what is that about?

Dry skin can be a symptom of hypothyroidism, so again start with your basal body temperature.

The ridges can indicate anemia, which will require blood tests to confirm. There are many forms of anemia.

If this is too much to answer here, I am more that happy to do a private consultation with you, let me know your fees and processes.

Probably be a really good idea to do a phone consultation since a lot more information is really needed to barrow things down.

E-mail me at MMBotanic@aol.com and I will see when I can set up some time. Sooner the better since I will be really busy next week, then my friend comes in from Canada on the 11th and I am supposed to fly to Canada later this month.

I'm desperate for answers since most "doctors" and "health experts" I've talked with have me running around in circles and doing crazy diet stuff or mass supplements and it only made things worse for me.

That is one of the reasons that you really need to narrow down likely possibilities first before trying things. Many symptoms cross over to many diseases/disorders. Putting everything together first narrows down the possibilities so things can be more specifically targeted.

Thank you for your time and knowledge.

You're welcome.