MedCapsules Forum
adrenal fatigue, depression, IBS. Need precise advices - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: adrenal fatigue, depression, IBS. Need precise advices (/showthread.php?tid=5022)

adrenal fatigue, depression, IBS. Need precise advices - Vince - 08-20-2013 04:47 PM

Hi James I hope you are still posting and helping people. I fallowed your posts on some internet forum that was supposed to be about educating instead of medicating. I found your posts having the most sense there but I was too late to consult you ;/

I concluded that I have problems with my intestinal flora and adrenal fatigue. Whit first one doctors prescribe my laxative drugs alternating with anti-laxatives… yea great idea. They are not really good at treating IBS in my poor country. When I mention second issue they act as if I would mention devil and witchcraft.

My health issues:
- Doctor diagnosed me with IBS: symptoms: constant feeling of fullness in my intestines, constipations and diarrhea. Most annoying: enormous amounts of gases sometimes very smelly sometimes flavorless. I can’t figure this one out, what this mean that those gases sometimes are smelly and sometimes not??
- Since about a year I am having hemorrhoids. Had colonoscopy week ago (because of bleeding), it showed nothing bad besides those hemorrhoids.
- Fat around my lower abdomen. It looks very weird, I look skinny in all my body but my lower abdomen is huge. Like I would have only visceral fat. I gain 6kg! in past year. I can’t lose those kgs with proper diet and exercises which is very weird in my case because I know how to eat etc. never had problem with this.
- Craving for sweet food.
- Insomnia. I can’t remember when I was sleeping at 3 am. Even if I go to bed at 11pm-midnight I am always can’t fall asleep till 3-4am. Next day I am like walking corpses. My mind is racing.
- Depression
- Blocked sinuses. I don’t have discharge normally. But when I eat dairy I feel thick but transparent discharge on back of throat. After sleep my nose is blocked. When I catch a cold I have always big problem with sinuses.
- White coating on my tongue. Bad breath.
- Lack of focus. Can’t finish any project.
- Cheilosis – it always coming back to me. In times my lips are cracking every second week.
- I am under constant emotional stress. Worst thing is this stress turn into physical stress. I find some of my muscles heavily contracted in my body. Sometimes need few minutes to relax them. But then I am contracting them unconsciously once again.
- Dark circles under my eyes.
- Also I got lots of blood tests; my bilirubin level was always elevated, other ware quite good.

My most disturbing health issues are: intestinal issues, insomnia, constant stress and depression.

Please instruct me how to start fighting those issues properly because I don’t have strength anymore. Last year was horrible. I can’t get rid of stress. I can’t remember when I had good night sleep in my life.
From your previous posts I found out that I should use vitamin C, b5 and adaptogenic herbs for adrenal issues.
And for intestines kefir and fibers
Also for stomach: zinc, B vitamins and Bitters.

In my country I can get easily those herbs: nettle leaf, licorice root, Siberian ginseng, all dried but not powdered. Also: bee pollen (only in natural form, from bees, not powdered, quite expensive but possible to get), oat bran, zinc, vitamins, some bitters, kefir grains are also easy to get.
My question is would that be enough? How to take those herbs and in what portions?
Should I tackle all issues together?
Other herbs mentioned be you are impossible to get or very expensive. Rice bran is also impossible to get. Natural sources of Vitamin C are also very expensive so how much supplement would be good for substitute?

I made notes from your posts but can’t find what doses and forms of taking those herbs you are recommending.
Should I make tea of them or eat them raw or pulverize them? Can I digest those herbs in raw form?
What would be best choice, how many grams a day for best use?

Right now I am going for 10 days trip but when I will be back I will start fixing my health. Hope to get some answer. I will post here later.

Best regards.

RE: adrenal fatigue, depression, IBS. Need precise advices - Vince - 09-14-2013 01:41 PM

Hi, so far I bought nettle leaf, Syberian ginseng and licorice root. All chopped, I pulverized them myself using coffee grinder.

But I have no idea in what proportions to take them. Or are you recommending some other herbs?

I also have access to (they are significantly more expensive) ashwagandha and schisandra berry, are they mandatory??

Can you tell me in what proportions to take herbs I have and if I buy 2 more mentioned how to mix them then?

How much to take daily for maximum effective dose?

Other thing is, I want to try Pau d’ arco for sinuses yeast infection? Is this a good, effective idea?

(I tried kefir with no significant improvement).

Is it better to use tee or powder?

How much to take?

Thanks

RE: adrenal fatigue, depression, IBS. Need precise advices - James - 09-22-2013 10:18 PM

(08-20-2013 04:47 PM)Vince Wrote:  Hi James I hope you are still posting and helping people. I fallowed your posts on some internet forum that was supposed to be about educating instead of medicating. I found your posts having the most sense there but I was too late to consult you ;/

I concluded that I have problems with my intestinal flora and adrenal fatigue. Whit first one doctors prescribe my laxative drugs alternating with anti-laxatives… yea great idea. They are not really good at treating IBS in my poor country. When I mention second issue they act as if I would mention devil and witchcraft.

Adrenal fatigue is very real and a very common issue.

My health issues:
- Doctor diagnosed me with IBS: symptoms: constant feeling of fullness in my intestines, constipations and diarrhea. Most annoying: enormous amounts of gases sometimes very smelly sometimes flavorless. I can’t figure this one out, what this mean that those gases sometimes are smelly and sometimes not??

IBS results from a lack of intestinal flora, and a primary symptom is alternating constipation and diarrhea.

A lack of flora has also been linked to more foul smelling stools from the higher levels of anaerobic bacteria. But what is in your diet can also play a role. Such as high sulfur foods could make the stools smell more foul.

The flora can be supported with the consumption of cultured foods, and by increasing fiber intake.

- Since about a year I am having hemorrhoids. Had colonoscopy week ago (because of bleeding), it showed nothing bad besides those hemorrhoids.
- Fat around my lower abdomen. It looks very weird, I look skinny in all my body but my lower abdomen is huge. Like I would have only visceral fat. I gain 6kg! in past year. I can’t lose those kgs with proper diet and exercises which is very weird in my case because I know how to eat etc. never had problem with this.
- Craving for sweet food.
- Insomnia. I can’t remember when I was sleeping at 3 am. Even if I go to bed at 11pm-midnight I am always can’t fall asleep till 3-4am. Next day I am like walking corpses. My mind is racing.
- Depression
- Blocked sinuses. I don’t have discharge normally. But when I eat dairy I feel thick but transparent discharge on back of throat. After sleep my nose is blocked. When I catch a cold I have always big problem with sinuses.
- White coating on my tongue. Bad breath.
- Lack of focus. Can’t finish any project.
- Cheilosis – it always coming back to me. In times my lips are cracking every second week.
- I am under constant emotional stress. Worst thing is this stress turn into physical stress. I find some of my muscles heavily contracted in my body. Sometimes need few minutes to relax them. But then I am contracting them unconsciously once again.
- Dark circles under my eyes.
- Also I got lots of blood tests; my bilirubin level was always elevated, other ware quite good.

Hemorrhoids can occur for various reasons including liver issues. Combined with your other symptoms liver dysfunction sounds highly likely along with adrenal issues. The symptoms are fitting of some other issues as well, but these can be related to liver and adrenal issues since so many things are connected in the body. Therefore, I recommend focusing on the liver and adrenals first for a while to see how many of the symptoms clear up first.

Some things such as depression have numerous causes. By working on the most likely problems first this may take care of the problem and if not at least some potential causes will be ruled out.

Digestive bitters, half a dropper full on the tongue three times a day and plenty of water throughout the day is the best way to support liver function.

For the adrenals here is a link to an old write up I did on the adrenals:

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1527351#i

My most disturbing health issues are: intestinal issues, insomnia, constant stress and depression.

The intestinal issues again would be from a lack of flora as mentioned above.

Insomnia can have several causes including thyroid issues, which can result from adrenal dysfunction.

Constant stress is a sign of adrenal dysfunction. The adrenals produce our anti-stress hormones.

Depression has numerous causes including adrenal or thyroid issues. In your case it could also be from low dopamine, which also lowers our drive to get things done.

Please instruct me how to start fighting those issues properly because I don’t have strength anymore. Last year was horrible. I can’t get rid of stress. I can’t remember when I had good night sleep in my life.
From your previous posts I found out that I should use vitamin C, b5 and adaptogenic herbs for adrenal issues.
And for intestines kefir and fibers
Also for stomach: zinc, B vitamins and Bitters.

Those would be a good start. Don't try to focus on too many things at once since many things are interconnected and how you respond or don't respond to something gives clues to what is going on.

In my country I can get easily those herbs: nettle leaf, licorice root, Siberian ginseng, all dried but not powdered. Also: bee pollen (only in natural form, from bees, not powdered, quite expensive but possible to get), oat bran, zinc, vitamins, some bitters, kefir grains are also easy to get.
My question is would that be enough? How to take those herbs and in what portions?

Those are all good. The cut herbs are going to be hard to ingest though unless you can powder them. Making teas can decrease their effectiveness and tincturing the herbs loses some beneficial compounds and shortens the shelf life of the herbs. Therefore, you are really a lot better off either getting them in powder form or powdering them yourself.

I would mix the first three herbs as 5 parts Siberian ginseng, 3 parts nettle leaf and one part licorice root. And recommend a half teaspoon three times daily at least 20 minutes before meals. The pollen I would start out taking separately since you need to start with small amounts to make sure you are not allergic before taking higher doses.

Should I tackle all issues together?

No, explained in post above.

Other herbs mentioned be you are impossible to get or very expensive. Rice bran is also impossible to get. Natural sources of Vitamin C are also very expensive so how much supplement would be good for substitute?

You can use other fiber sources and for vitamin C try fresh fruits and berries. Peppers are also high in vitamin C.

I made notes from your posts but can’t find what doses and forms of taking those herbs you are recommending.
Should I make tea of them or eat them raw or pulverize them? Can I digest those herbs in raw form?
What would be best choice, how many grams a day for best use?

Pulverize them. This is more stable than teas or tinctures and will also provide fibers for the flora.

Yes, they can be utilized in raw form.

Recommended dosage given above.

Right now I am going for 10 days trip but when I will be back I will start fixing my health. Hope to get some answer. I will post here later.

Best regards.

RE: adrenal fatigue, depression, IBS. Need precise advices - James - 09-22-2013 10:26 PM

(09-14-2013 01:41 PM)Vince Wrote:  Hi, so far I bought nettle leaf, Syberian ginseng and licorice root. All chopped, I pulverized them myself using coffee grinder.

But I have no idea in what proportions to take them. Or are you recommending some other herbs?

I gave proportions in the last post.

There are other herbs I like as well, but I have no idea what herbs you have access to. The ones you already have though are very good.

I also have access to (they are significantly more expensive) ashwagandha and schisandra berry, are they mandatory??

Helpful, but not mandatory.

Can you tell me in what proportions to take herbs I have and if I buy 2 more mentioned how to mix them then?

In the last post.

How much to take daily for maximum effective dose?

Recommended dose also given in last post.

Other thing is, I want to try Pau d’ arco for sinuses yeast infection? Is this a good, effective idea?

(I tried kefir with no significant improvement).

Is it better to use tee or powder?

How much to take?

Pau d' arco can kill pathogens in the sinuses. But fungal infections in the sinuses can be very difficult to get rid of. All it takes is one remaining cell for the fungi to rebound. The best way to deal with sinus infections is to restore the slightly acidic pH of the sinuses by restoring the flora in the sinuses. Getting small amounts of probiotics in to the sinuses, such as water kefir is a great way to do this. May take a few times to really take hold, but once they do take hold the flora will start populating the sinus cavity and restore the proper pH to control pathogens.

Thanks

RE: adrenal fatigue, depression, IBS. Need precise advices - Vince - 09-28-2013 10:37 AM

Thank you for your answers James. I really appreciate this.

I also manage to order ashwagandha powder. Any idea how to mix those together: nettle leaf, ginseng, licorice, ashwagandha, (all powder)? thanks Smile