MedCapsules Forum
Few questions - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: Few questions (/showthread.php?tid=4986)

Few questions - getwellsoon - 07-08-2013 10:11 PM

Hi James,

I underwent an ultrasound of my Thyroid and found that one nodule has grown in size to 1.1cm which was initially very small last year. I believe the nodule grew after unknowingly took a very high Iodine dosage.

Could you please help me understand the link of how this would have happened?

During a consultation with you, you explained me that the thyroid would shut down when toxic levels of iodine is taken and that is what exactly happened to me. Though I did not notice hypothyroid symptoms my hyperthyroid symptoms went away.

I have a FNA(Biopsy) scheduled to find out whether it is cancerous or not.

Could you please suggest the Ozone dosage, method if it is can cancerous?

If it is benign what would be dosage I need to do to shrink the nodules?

[undefined=undefined]Husband's Periodental disease questions:[/undefined]
Can we take paudiarco and sage powers by sucking for some time instead of brushing?

How soft the powers supposed to be? This is because the gums tend bleed a lot more when used paudiarco. Is this possible if the powder is not fine enough?

How long it should normally take to see difference?

Because the condition is bit worse, is it advisable to do root cleaning and then try paudiarco?

RE: Few questions - James - 09-11-2013 03:52 AM

(07-08-2013 10:11 PM)getwellsoon Wrote:  Hi James,

I underwent an ultrasound of my Thyroid and found that one nodule has grown in size to 1.1cm which was initially very small last year. I believe the nodule grew after unknowingly took a very high Iodine dosage.

Could you please help me understand the link of how this would have happened?

Yes, excess iodine can lead to thyroid nodules. Even though the exact mechanism of how thyroid nodules form is not known, it is known that excess iodine can lead to inflammation or swelling of the thyroid from excess iodine can lead to thyroid nodules. For example, this is a known side effect of the drug Amiadarone, which contains 75mg of iodine per tablet.

During a consultation with you, you explained me that the thyroid would shut down when toxic levels of iodine is taken and that is what exactly happened to me. Though I did not notice hypothyroid symptoms my hyperthyroid symptoms went away.

If you were not on really high doses very long and weaned off the iodine then you would not likely go through a noticable hypothyroid state. This generally occurs with high levels of iodine over a period of time, which initially causes hyperthyroidism. The body then lowers thyroid function in to a state of hypothyroidism to protect the body. If the person suddenly goes off the high doses of iodine this can throw them in to severe hypothyroidism, which is why it is important to wean off the iodine slowly.

I have a FNA(Biopsy) scheduled to find out whether it is cancerous or not.

The good news is that these nodules are rarely ever cancerous.

Could you please suggest the Ozone dosage, method if it is can cancerous?

I recommend 60-80 gamma by ear insufflation 20 minutes 3 times daily.

If it is benign what would be dosage I need to do to shrink the nodules?

You could use the same dosage, it is not going to hurt anything. But I am not sure how much it would help with a nodule either. I have not seen any research on the use of ozone on thyroid nodules. Cancerous tumors are a different story as these are readily destroyed by ozone:

http://www.medcapsules.com/info/The%20Chemistry%20of%20Ozone%20Therapy%20on%20Cancer.htm

[undefined=undefined]Husband's Periodental disease questions:[/undefined]
Can we take paudiarco and sage powers by sucking for some time instead of brushing?

Yes, these wold still have a strong antibacterial effect. Neither taste very good though, especially the sage, which is very bitter.

How soft the powers supposed to be? This is because the gums tend bleed a lot more when used paudiarco. Is this possible if the powder is not fine enough?

Usually the powders are ground down fine enough that you should not feel any grit. Make sure you are using a soft to medium toothbrush and don't brush too hard.

How long it should normally take to see difference?

There is never any real set time with things since there are variables. For example, if a person is under a lot of stress, drinks caffeine or smokes this will reduce their vitamin C levels increasing the risk of bleeding gums. The herbs will start killing the bacteria right away though, then it will depend a lot on how well your body normally heals and again factors such as nutrition.

Because the condition is bit worse, is it advisable to do root cleaning and then try paudiarco?

I would start with the herbs first to reduce the bacteria in the mouth before undergoing any dental procedures.