MedCapsules Forum
what are some of the best herbs to heal your body for the adrenals and thyroid - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: what are some of the best herbs to heal your body for the adrenals and thyroid (/showthread.php?tid=4884)

what are some of the best herbs to heal your body for the adrenals and thyroid - cdog - 05-29-2013 07:37 AM

So basically the body absorb herbs like food and u said its best to take herbs on empty stomach so for better absorption take the herbs first and then take my Apple cider vinegar to acidfy my stomach the kind I am taking is Braggs Apple cider vinegar. And some sites said that stomach acid destroy the herb powder like some other sites said they are not absorb well is this true and should I be worried about the sugars in rose hips and yucca root I see that it has a lot of carbs will it feed the candida and how about schisandra berries is a lot of sugar in them and how about the iron in these herbs should I worried about iron toxicty thank u so much for helping what are some herbs u will recommend to heal the whole body

RE: what are some of the best herbs to heal your body for the adrenals and thyroid - James - 06-02-2013 01:12 AM

(05-29-2013 07:37 AM)cdog Wrote:  So basically the body absorb herbs like food and u said its best to take herbs on empty stomach so for better absorption take the herbs first and then take my Apple cider vinegar to acidfy my stomach the kind I am taking is Braggs Apple cider vinegar.

You can take the vinegar with the herbs without a problem. What interferes or slows the absorption of some compounds are high protein or fat. Apple cider vinegar therefore will not interfere.

And some sites said that stomach acid destroy the herb powder

The herbs get digested and absorbed just like food. Their properties are not being destroyed by the stomach acid. In fact, the stomach acid can aid in the absorption.

like some other sites said they are not absorb well is this

Not necessarily. Some herbs do have compounds that are not absorbed well such as the saponins in yucca root. But this is a good thing since saponins if they were absorbed would destroy the red blood cells. On the other hand, saponins in yucca and other plants actually help increase the absorption of nutrients and some other compounds.

Other compounds such as minerals, vitamins, alkaloids, etc. are easily absorbed from herbs.

true and should I be worried about the sugars in rose hips and yucca root

No, most of the sugars to begin with are in the form of polysacccharides that are not absorbed but feed the flora to help fight Candida. There is very little in the way of simple sugars in these plants and not enough to be an issue to begin with.

I see that it has a lot of carbs will it feed the candida

Again, unabsorbable polysaccharides are carbohydrates, but are not absorbed and do not feed Candida.

and how about schisandra berries is a lot of sugar in them and how

Schisandra berries are not high in simple sugars, but do have a lot of polysaccharides that help fight Candida.

about the iron in these herbs should I worried about iron toxicty

This is not much of an issue with plant irons. Plant sources of iron are poorly absorbed compared to heme iron from meats. The reason is that plants contain various compounds such as phytates, oxalates, tannins, calcium, etc. that inhibit iron absorption.

thank u so much for helping what are some herbs u will recommend to heal the whole body

You're welcome.