MedCapsules Forum
METHYLATION A LITTLE-KNOWN BUT ESSENTIAL PROCESS - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Health Bytes (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: METHYLATION A LITTLE-KNOWN BUT ESSENTIAL PROCESS (/showthread.php?tid=4780)

METHYLATION A LITTLE-KNOWN BUT ESSENTIAL PROCESS - James - 03-17-2013 04:01 AM

http://www.lef.org/Magazine/1998/8/report2/Page-01?p=1

RE: METHYLATION A LITTLE-KNOWN BUT ESSENTIAL PROCESS - Anderson - 03-17-2013 01:26 PM

Very nice article!
Thanks for sharing!

I've been experiencing with TMG again and it seems to work fine now and I don't have to take much and not even everyday. I take 500mg a day for two days and take a break for one day because it can make me too "speedy".

"The best strategy is to take all of the methyl-enhancers, since studies show that what works for one person may not work for another. Vitamin B6 should also be taken for the detoxification of homocysteine (but be careful; chronic doses over 500 mg a day can cause toxicity)."

I wonder if taking TMG alone can bring other imbalances. What is your opinion on this James?

RE: METHYLATION A LITTLE-KNOWN BUT ESSENTIAL PROCESS - James - 03-23-2013 04:02 PM

(03-17-2013 01:26 PM)Anderson Wrote:  Very nice article!
Thanks for sharing!

I've been experiencing with TMG again and it seems to work fine now and I don't have to take much and not even everyday. I take 500mg a day for two days and take a break for one day because it can make me too "speedy".

"The best strategy is to take all of the methyl-enhancers, since studies show that what works for one person may not work for another. Vitamin B6 should also be taken for the detoxification of homocysteine (but be careful; chronic doses over 500 mg a day can cause toxicity)."

I wonder if taking TMG alone can bring other imbalances. What is your opinion on this James?

Vitamin B6 is only one the vitamins required for the detoxification of homocysteine. B12 and folate along with the amino acid methionine are required for the formation of the methyl donor SAMe that reduces homocysteine.

B6, B12 and folate are all acid dependent for absorption. Stomach acid levels decline with age though decreasing the absorption of these nutrients. The use of antacids, acid blockers, alkaline waters and supplements containing calcium carbonate (oyster shell, coral, dolomite) or magnesium oxide/hydroxide further aggravate the problem by reducing stomach acid further.

TMG is a great alternative for those who have insufficient stomach acid for the absorption of these vitamins or that have pernicious anemia. TMG is actually considerably stronger than SAMe anyway.

As far as safety, TMG has been found to be safe even in high doses and is well tolerated by most people.

RE: METHYLATION A LITTLE-KNOWN BUT ESSENTIAL PROCESS - Anderson - 03-26-2013 04:55 AM

Interesting.

Then the whole thing with low methylation can be just due to low stomach acid.

RE: METHYLATION A LITTLE-KNOWN BUT ESSENTIAL PROCESS - aarti1133 - 10-02-2013 12:48 AM

methylation process is responsive to environmental conditions and degrades with age, a ... another enzyme known as betaine-homocysteine methyltransferase .