MedCapsules Forum
Tendonitis - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: Tendonitis (/showthread.php?tid=4779)

Tendonitis - jericho - 03-14-2013 09:36 PM

Hi James!

I have tendonitis in both wrists, and have had problems with this since the age of 13. I've played violin and piano since age 5 and have had to take breaks because of misuse and bad form, most probably.

While I work on that, meanwhile I'm interested in trying your Bone & Joint formula. When I looked at your ordering site, I couldn't find the formula that includes bone meal (non-vegetarian). Do you have this in capsules? I only saw the vegetarian one on eBay.

Also, I have adrenal fatigue issues that have been improving, slowly but surely with much work and herbal formulas. Could this be a factor? I seem to be MUCH more prone to muscle and joint injury and weakness than anyone else I know. The occasional shoulder, knee, ankle and hip pain were always very much a part of my life. Yoga, which I love, calms my mind like no other, and yet seems to put undue stress on my body and cause a lot of stiff, sore muscles in my shoulders that cause problems in my jaw and neck. And did I mention I'm only 27!

However, I'm also a musician and a writer who used to write extensively by hand and can type 140 WPM. I ran track and played other sports competitively as a teen, until ankle pain stopped me, which I know is common. I live in a big city, which has made battling AF even more of a struggle. I think that being a somewhat anxious person in this environment makes my muscles very tense and I clench when I shouldn't, especially when playing instruments. so simple overuse/ stress would also explain it, perhaps?

Thanks,
J

RE: Tendonitis - James - 04-10-2013 12:39 AM

(03-14-2013 09:36 PM)jericho Wrote:  Hi James!

I have tendonitis in both wrists, and have had problems with this since the age of 13. I've played violin and piano since age 5 and have had to take breaks because of misuse and bad form, most probably.

While I work on that, meanwhile I'm interested in trying your Bone & Joint formula. When I looked at your ordering site, I couldn't find the formula that includes bone meal (non-vegetarian). Do you have this in capsules? I only saw the vegetarian one on eBay.

Also, I have adrenal fatigue issues that have been improving, slowly but surely with much work and herbal formulas. Could this be a factor? I seem to be MUCH more prone to muscle and joint injury and weakness than anyone else I know. The occasional shoulder, knee, ankle and hip pain were always very much a part of my life. Yoga, which I love, calms my mind like no other, and yet seems to put undue stress on my body and cause a lot of stiff, sore muscles in my shoulders that cause problems in my jaw and neck. And did I mention I'm only 27!

However, I'm also a musician and a writer who used to write extensively by hand and can type 140 WPM. I ran track and played other sports competitively as a teen, until ankle pain stopped me, which I know is common. I live in a big city, which has made battling AF even more of a struggle. I think that being a somewhat anxious person in this environment makes my muscles very tense and I clench when I shouldn't, especially when playing instruments. so simple overuse/ stress would also explain it, perhaps?

Thanks,
J

When we went to capsules we went to a single formula rather than making a vegetarian version and a non-vegetarian version, especially since we were using vegetarian capsules. When I redesigned the formula though I added the amino acids that comprise the proteins in bone and connective tissue so it would have the same properties as the previous non-vegetarian formula.

Yes, there is a definite connection between your adrenal function and your injuries and inflammation.

First of all the adrenal glands produce the body's anti-inflammatory corticosteroids. Therefore, one symptom of adrenal dysfunction is increased or chronic inflammatory issues.

As for the increased risk of injuries, this is also easy to explain. The adrenal glands are so dependent on vitamin C that they get priority of vitamin C over the entire rest of the body. When the adrenals are taxed they have a higher demand for vitamin C, which means more vitamin C going to adrenal function and less vitamin C going to connective tissue formation. Therefore, the lack of vitamin C for connective tissue formation leads to weaker tissues more prone to injury.

A simple way to back this is to look at how fast people on methamphetamine "age". All stimulants such as caffeine and nicotine tax the adrenals. This is especially true though for methamphetamine, which significantly over stimulates the adrenals. This leads to a severe deficiency of vitamin C to produce and maintain connective tissues. Because of this the skin stretches and sags due to a lack of elastin resulting in wrinkles and the teeth fall out due to what basically boils down to methamphetamine induced scurvy.

Adrenal dysfunction can also lead to anxiety and tension. When the adrenals are weak they can over-secrete epinephrine in response to stress. An excess of epinephrine with a lack of acetylcholine to balance out the epinephrine results in anxiety.