MedCapsules Forum
Is Ubiquinol All It’s Cracked Up to Be? - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Holistic Medical Topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Supplements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=525)
+---- Thread: Is Ubiquinol All It’s Cracked Up to Be? (/showthread.php?tid=3501)

Is Ubiquinol All It’s Cracked Up to Be? - James - 09-04-2012 08:33 PM

Is Ubiquinol All It’s Cracked Up to Be?

http://www.total-health-magazine.com/features/ingredient-spotlight/is-ubiquinol-all-its-cracked-up-to-be.html

RE: Is Ubiquinol All It’s Cracked Up to Be? - eoeoe69 - 09-05-2012 03:09 AM

Nice article, maybe they are right but seems they promote the BioQ10 Tongue

But i still think that all supplements of CoQ10 are expensive, in which cases you would sugest to use them?

I think remember you said a good natural source of CoQ10 is oil soy bean, it has no side effects at long term? like too much omega 6? maybe should be used with omega 3 too?

Also for old people if their bodies can't create very well the CoQ10 then maybe the phenylalanine or tyrosine would not be useful? and/or would be better external sources of CoQ10 for them?

Thanks!

RE: Is Ubiquinol All It’s Cracked Up to Be? - James - 09-09-2012 02:40 AM

(09-05-2012 03:09 AM)eoeoe69 Wrote:  Nice article, maybe they are right but seems they promote the BioQ10 Tongue

But i still think that all supplements of CoQ10 are expensive, in which cases you would sugest to use them?

I think remember you said a good natural source of CoQ10 is oil soy bean, it has no side effects at long term? like too much omega 6? maybe should be used with omega 3 too?

Also for old people if their bodies can't create very well the CoQ10 then maybe the phenylalanine or tyrosine would not be useful? and/or would be better external sources of CoQ10 for them?

Thanks!

The function of CoQ10 is to elevate ATP, which can be done with various other supplements as well. For example magnesium malate or carnitine. This is why I don't recommend CoQ10 very often since there are less expensive ways to increase ATP. Once the patent expires on CoQ10 the price will come way down, but in the meantime an active patent is not a reason to gouge people on the price.

One area where CoQ10 is better though is for periodontal disease.

To increase production I would recommend the tyrosine over the phenylalanine since phenylalanine can cause an increase in blood pressure in certain individuals.