MedCapsules Forum
Spinal Cord Lesion - James Missed My Post - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: Spinal Cord Lesion - James Missed My Post (/showthread.php?tid=3484)

Spinal Cord Lesion - James Missed My Post - resonantpick - 08-30-2012 12:23 AM

My friend just found out that he has lesion/cyst on his spinal cord (C3,C4 vertebrates), which the Doc has advised him to have removed, they don't know if it is cancerous or not as a biopsy has not been done. He was having allot of pain throughout his body and he was frequently dropping things at work as his ability to grasp and hold items was diminishing, also his hands and arms he was losing sensation/feeling. He is overweight, he weighed around 385lbs, but Doc recommended stomach procedure that helps you lose weight, I can't remember exactly what it is called (sleeve I think), anyhow he has lost 70lbs and Doc wants him to lose more before they operate.
2 things Doc has told him. 1, based on scan the lesion/tumor is the size of a small sausage, and that he can become paralyzed if not removed. 2, he can die from heart not pumping because of the location of the tumor and pressure being applied to that part of the brain. His wife was saying that the tumor/lesion is like gum stuck to his nerves on a hot day. Once he reduces more weight he will go in for surgery. Any recommendations, advice you can give? Herbs, Treatments, things to ask Doc?

He has always been overweight, 40 years old married one child, no other medical history or issues..Thanks...

08-27-2012 01:28 AM

RE: Spinal Cord Lesion - James Missed My Post - James - 08-31-2012 01:19 AM

(08-30-2012 12:23 AM)resonantpick Wrote:  My friend just found out that he has lesion/cyst on his spinal cord (C3,C4 vertebrates), which the Doc has advised him to have removed, they don't know if it is cancerous or not as a biopsy has not been done. He was having allot of pain throughout his body and he was frequently dropping things at work as his ability to grasp and hold items was diminishing, also his hands and arms he was losing sensation/feeling. He is overweight, he weighed around 385lbs, but Doc recommended stomach procedure that helps you lose weight, I can't remember exactly what it is called (sleeve I think), anyhow he has lost 70lbs and Doc wants him to lose more before they operate.
2 things Doc has told him. 1, based on scan the lesion/tumor is the size of a small sausage, and that he can become paralyzed if not removed. 2, he can die from heart not pumping because of the location of the tumor and pressure being applied to that part of the brain. His wife was saying that the tumor/lesion is like gum stuck to his nerves on a hot day. Once he reduces more weight he will go in for surgery. Any recommendations, advice you can give? Herbs, Treatments, things to ask Doc?

He has always been overweight, 40 years old married one child, no other medical history or issues..Thanks...

Its hard to make recommendations without knowing exactly what it is. A tumor is going to be addressed differently than a cyst.

Cysts often respond to lymphatic cleansers such as red root, cleavers. chickweed, mullein leaf, etc.

For tumors I would focus primarily on chaparral and other antivirals and mitosis inhibitors.