MedCapsules Forum
Hypoglycemia - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: Hypoglycemia (/showthread.php?tid=3475)

Hypoglycemia - spaingirl - 08-28-2012 02:03 PM

Hi James and everyone.
So glad to find this forum.
I am currently in what they call the Resistance Phase of Adrenal Fatigue and my worst symptom is HYPOGLYCEMIA.
Do you know what to for hypoglycemia. I am now eating a low carb,
10-20% protein, lots of veggies diet according to what others have suggested. This has helped somewhat but I know I need to do more.
Anyone suffer with this?
Thanks so much

RE: Hypoglycemia - MarciGal - 08-29-2012 07:48 AM

(08-28-2012 02:03 PM)spaingirl Wrote:  Hi James and everyone.
I am currently in what they call the Resistance Phase of Adrenal Fatigue and my worst symptom is HYPOGLYCEMIA.
10-20% protein, lots of veggies diet according to what others have suggested. This has helped somewhat but I know I need to do more.
Anyone suffer with this?
Thanks so much

I believe I have hypoglycemia AND adrenal fatigue. When I don't eat every few hours I get shaky, headache, cold sweat, etc. I find that eating a protein/fat combo will help me a lot.

My 2 cents.

RE: Hypoglycemia - James - 08-30-2012 08:35 PM

(08-28-2012 02:03 PM)spaingirl Wrote:  Hi James and everyone.
Anyone suffer with this?
Thanks so much

The two primary forms of hypoglycemia are acute hypoglycemia also known as rebound or reactive hypoglycemia, and chronic hypoglycemia.

In the earlier form the blood sugar drops after eating as the blood sugar goes up then the insulin spikes over dropping the blood sugar. This is best dealt with by supplementing chromium polynicotinate.

In your case it would be chronic hypoglycemia. This results from adrenal insufficiency. Normally, as the blood sugar drops the adrenal glands will respond by secreting cortisol, which in turn releases stored glycogen from the liver bringing the blood sugar back up to normal. In this case the focus needs to be on strengthening the adrenals. Amla berry is one of the main herbs here as it helps to stabilize the blood sugar by aiding with protein metabolism.