MedCapsules Forum
Pleased With DE Water [Silica] So Far - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: Pleased With DE Water [Silica] So Far (/showthread.php?tid=3360)

Pleased With DE Water [Silica] So Far - Whitey - 08-08-2012 08:56 AM

I began to take DE water in late June and after a few weeks I do notice the benefits. My hair grows faster and it seems thicker. I am 61 and my hair was really getting thinner.

I seem to feel stronger at the gym. I was having problems with my neck making snapping noises and was told I have irreversible arthritis in my neck but in the last week it seems better, hurts less and makes less snapping noises. Offhand I'd say it's healing, or regenerating. Is it my imagination that I feel stronger at the gym? Does Silica help build muscle?

I drank about 8 oz of DE water last night and it was too much. I need to go slow with DE water or it'll cause me to get fatigue. Silica may be a major deficiency I had, one that is more or less the cause of many of the problems I've had for the last 30 years or more. I need to be consistent with it and feel it a little, not a lot, by drinking small amounts of it every day, enough so I absorb Silica but am not overwhelmed by it.. If the day comes when I can drink 1-2 glasses of DE water per day, I will do so, but right now, I seem to feel 8 oz of it very much, which tells me DE water has a significant amount of Silica in it.

A friend of mine sent me this article about Silica but for me, these foods seemed to do little to supply me with Silica, probably due to my chronic weak stomach acid output.
------------------------------------------------------------

What is Silicon & Silica
Silicon is a nonmetallic element with the atomic weight of 28. Silicon protects the body against arteriosclerosis and aluminum. Silica refers to natural materials of silicon dioxide, and silicone refers to man-made materials. The highest amounts of silicon are found in plants, mostly grains such as oats, barley and rice; low levels of silicon are found in animal products. Beer is a high source of silica, containing anywhere from 33 to 60 mg. Water also yields silicon, but as orthosilicic acid. Drinking 2 liters of water a day will allow an intake of 10 mg of silicon.
Read more: What Foods Contain Silicon? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5449447_foods-contain-silicon.html#ixzz22bChS400

The Need for Silicon
Silicon is important for healthy bones and teeth. It also maintains cartilage, skin, hair and the nails. Silicon also provides needed calcium absorption for bones in the beginning stages of their formation. Silicon aids in the prevention of Alzheimer's disease and osteoporosis. Silicon is also used as a treatment for osteoporosis. The elderly need silicon in larger amounts because of the natural depletion of silicon in the body that comes with age.

Vegetables Containing Silicon
Many vegetables contain silicon since they are plant-based foods. Levels of silicon vary in each vegetable. Some examples of vegetables that contain silicon are asparagus, cabbage, cucumbers, dandelion greens (edible weeds with an intense hearty taste and bitter tinge), lettuce, mustard greens, olives, parsnips, radishes, white onions, corn, sugar beets, bell peppers, horsetail grass (herb), soybeans, alfalfa and stems of leafy vegetables.

Other Food Sources of Silicon
Very high amounts of silicon are also found in whole-grain foods, such as rice and oats, as well as millet and flax seeds. Since silicon is mainly found in natural sources of food, it only makes sense that these foods in their natural make-up contain an abundant amount of silicon. High amounts of silicon are also found in mother's milk.

Silicon as a Food Additive
Silicon is also used as a food additive in some countries, including the U.K. Amorphous silica is used as an anti caking agent, an anti foaming agent and a dough modifier. It is also used to make beverages clearer. It can be used in the preparation of pharmaceutical drugs and vitamins as an anti-caking agent and as an excipient (an inactive substance to dilute the drug or vitamin).

Read more: What Foods Contain Silicon? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5449447_foods-contain-silicon.html#ixzz22bCFtXUn

RE: Pleased With DE Water [Silica] So Far - James - 08-08-2012 09:04 AM

(08-08-2012 08:56 AM)Whitey Wrote:  I began to take DE water in late June and after a few weeks I do notice the benefits. My hair grows faster and it seems thicker. I am 61 and my hair was really getting thinner.

I seem to feel stronger at the gym. I was having problems with my neck making snapping noises and was told I have irreversible arthritis in my neck but in the last week it seems better, hurts less and makes less snapping noises. Offhand I'd say it's healing, or regenerating. Is it my imagination that I feel stronger at the gym? Does Silica help build muscle?

Not muscle, but bone, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, blood vessels, skin and others.

Here are a few articles I wrote on silica:

http://medcapsules.com/info/Silica.htm

http://medcapsules.com/info/Silica_Diatomaceous%20Earth%20vs%20Horsetail%20Grass.htm

I drank about 8 oz of DE water last night and it was too much. I need to go slow with DE water or it'll cause me to get fatigue. Silica may be a major deficiency I had, one that is more or less the cause of many of the problems I've had for the last 30 years or more. I need to be consistent with it and feel it a little, not a lot, by drinking small amounts of it every day, enough so I absorb Silica but am not overwhelmed by it.. If the day comes when I can drink 1-2 glasses of DE water per day, I will do so, but right now, I seem to feel 8 oz of it very much, which tells me DE water has a significant amount of Silica in it.

A friend of mine sent me this article about Silica but for me, these foods seemed to do little to supply me with Silica, probably due to my chronic weak stomach acid output.
------------------------------------------------------------

What is Silicon & Silica
Silicon is a nonmetallic element with the atomic weight of 28. Silicon protects the body against arteriosclerosis and aluminum. Silica refers to natural materials of silicon dioxide, and silicone refers to man-made materials. The highest amounts of silicon are found in plants, mostly grains such as oats, barley and rice; low levels of silicon are found in animal products. Beer is a high source of silica, containing anywhere from 33 to 60 mg. Water also yields silicon, but as orthosilicic acid. Drinking 2 liters of water a day will allow an intake of 10 mg of silicon.
Read more: What Foods Contain Silicon? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5449447_foods-contain-silicon.html#ixzz22bChS400

The Need for Silicon
Silicon is important for healthy bones and teeth. It also maintains cartilage, skin, hair and the nails. Silicon also provides needed calcium absorption for bones in the beginning stages of their formation. Silicon aids in the prevention of Alzheimer's disease and osteoporosis. Silicon is also used as a treatment for osteoporosis. The elderly need silicon in larger amounts because of the natural depletion of silicon in the body that comes with age.

Vegetables Containing Silicon
Many vegetables contain silicon since they are plant-based foods. Levels of silicon vary in each vegetable. Some examples of vegetables that contain silicon are asparagus, cabbage, cucumbers, dandelion greens (edible weeds with an intense hearty taste and bitter tinge), lettuce, mustard greens, olives, parsnips, radishes, white onions, corn, sugar beets, bell peppers, horsetail grass (herb), soybeans, alfalfa and stems of leafy vegetables.

Other Food Sources of Silicon
Very high amounts of silicon are also found in whole-grain foods, such as rice and oats, as well as millet and flax seeds. Since silicon is mainly found in natural sources of food, it only makes sense that these foods in their natural make-up contain an abundant amount of silicon. High amounts of silicon are also found in mother's milk.

Silicon as a Food Additive
Silicon is also used as a food additive in some countries, including the U.K. Amorphous silica is used as an anti caking agent, an anti foaming agent and a dough modifier. It is also used to make beverages clearer. It can be used in the preparation of pharmaceutical drugs and vitamins as an anti-caking agent and as an excipient (an inactive substance to dilute the drug or vitamin).

Read more: What Foods Contain Silicon? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5449447_foods-contain-silicon.html#ixzz22bCFtXUn