MedCapsules Forum
schizandra or adrenal complex? - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: schizandra or adrenal complex? (/showthread.php?tid=3210)

schizandra or adrenal complex? - macbc83 - 07-27-2012 03:53 PM

I was wondering if it was better to take schizandra berry as a supplement by itself or if it works better in some kind of complex. There is a Planetary Herbals Schizandra Adrenal Complex with the following ingredients: Schisandra Fruit, Chinese Yam Rhizome, Poria Sclerotium, Asian Water Plantain Rhizome, Rehmannia Root, Chinese Dodder Seed, Asian Plantain Seed, Palm-Leaf Raspberry Fruit, Lycium Fruit Extract (4:1) and Asiatic Dogwood Berry Extract (5:1).

Which would be better to take?

RE: schizandra or adrenal complex? - James - 07-29-2012 09:56 PM

(07-27-2012 03:53 PM)macbc83 Wrote:  I was wondering if it was better to take schizandra berry as a supplement by itself or if it works better in some kind of complex. There is a Planetary Herbals Schizandra Adrenal Complex with the following ingredients: Schisandra Fruit, Chinese Yam Rhizome, Poria Sclerotium, Asian Water Plantain Rhizome, Rehmannia Root, Chinese Dodder Seed, Asian Plantain Seed, Palm-Leaf Raspberry Fruit, Lycium Fruit Extract (4:1) and Asiatic Dogwood Berry Extract (5:1).

Which would be better to take?

I prefer formulations to individual herbs. Formulations if designed properly are synergistic, which makes them work more effectively. And the formula you list is very good.