MedCapsules Forum
Best herbs for cancer? - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Holistic Medical Topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Cancer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Forum: Alternative Therapies for Cancer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+------ Forum: Herbal Therapies (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+------ Thread: Best herbs for cancer? (/showthread.php?tid=2799)

Best herbs for cancer? - James - 07-04-2012 04:17 AM

Chaparral is one of my first choices as far as herbs for cancer. Chaparral inhibits the cellular division of cancer cells as well as supports the immune system. It is also a full range antimicrobial, which is important as most cancers have microbial origins. And chaparral is the strongest natural blood cleanser and antioxidant that is available. Chaparral also supports the immune system by strengthening the adrenals. I use chaparral primarily for tissue cancers.

Pau d' arco is more effective for blood and lymphatic cancers (lymphomas, leukemias, polycythemia vera, etc.), most of which again have been found to have viral origins. Pau d' arco contains 18 antivirals. The antiviral activity is enhanced though by the presence of sulfur compounds, which chaparral happens to provide. Therefore I generally combine chaparral with the pau d' arco for lymphatic and blood cancers anyway.

Andrographis also has strong antimicrobial properties and also works especially well for lymphatic and blood cancers. Andrographis also helps to support the immune system.

I like the herb suma for cancer due to its very high organic germanium levels, which is antitumor. Suma also helps to keep hormones in check and boosts the immune system by supporting the adrenals.

Nettle leaf blocks the Cori cycle helping to starve cancer cells, and supports immunity by boosting the adrenals.

Ashwagandha boosts the immune system and is a natural angiogenesis inhibitor.

Dulse is the most anti-cancer of the seaweeds as it is a great antiviral, and boosts the immune system by increasing white blood cell activity.

Chagas are excellent due to the highly antiviral betulinic acid and immune stimulating polysaccharides.

I could go on and on with the different herbs that can be used to fight cancer through a variety of mechanisms. Even some real obscure ones that most people have never heard of such as snow plant and coral bells (pine drops), which I run across occasionally when hiking in the mountains. These are some of the most effective plants for cancer, but also happen to be protected plants.

RE: Best herbs for cancer? - Joe - 07-05-2012 02:42 AM

I look at the successful cancer treatments, and see what they used.

Rene Cassie used Burdock, Sheep sorrel and others.

Harry Hoxsey used Red clover, Burdock, Poke root and others.

Jethro Koss made special mention of Red clover, and also used Burdock, Yellow dock, Echinacea, Aloes, Blue flag, Oregon grape and others.

Jason Winters used Red clover and others.

All of the herbs listed above, fall into a category called Alterative herbs. Historically, Alterative herbs have been used for the treatment of tumors.

Explained simplistically, to eliminate cancer you must eliminate toxins from the body, and there are a whole range of different things involved in this. Alterative herbs promote elimination of toxins from tumors, and are a key part of effective treatment.

The Reverend George Malkmus used Barley grass.

Johanna Brandt used the grape diet.

People have successfully eliminated cancer using all of these methods.

However, for a most effective treatment, diet, lifestyle, and other natural remedies also need to be used, and strictly followed. When people take a half-hearted approach, it usually does not work.

RE: Best herbs for cancer? - James - 07-05-2012 06:22 AM

(07-05-2012 02:42 AM)Joe Wrote:  I look at the successful cancer treatments, and see what they used.

Rene Cassie used Burdock, Sheep sorrel and others.

I don't know why Caisse keeps getting credit for this formula. It was not her formula. She got the formula from the indigenous people of the area. Reminds me of how ford got credit for inventing the car when a couple of Germans beat him to the development of the first car. Or how Edison was credited for inventing the light bulb when light bulb existed long before Edison's time. Of course there are still people who believe Columbus discovered America when people were already here and other countries sailed up and down the coasts long before Columbus arrived.

Harry Hoxsey used Red clover, Burdock, Poke root and others.

Jethro Koss made special mention of Red clover, and also used Burdock, Yellow dock, Echinacea, Aloes, Blue flag, Oregon grape and others.

Jason Winters used Red clover and others.

All of the herbs listed above, fall into a category called Alterative herbs. Historically, Alterative herbs have been used for the treatment of tumors.

Explained simplistically, to eliminate cancer you must eliminate toxins from the body, and there are a whole range of different things involved in this. Alterative herbs promote elimination of toxins from tumors, and are a key part of effective treatment.

Many of these herbs have NOTHING to do with removing toxins. Red clover blossom for example works because it is rich in phytoestrogens that antagonize carcinogenic estrogens.

Poke root contains a protein called poke activating factor (PAF) that is structurally similar to interferon and shares the same properties. By the way, this herb should not be used unless you know what you are doing or under proper supervision.

Echinacea contains immune stimulating polysaccharides, has some antiseptic properties and acts as a hyaluronidase inhibitor. Too unstable for my liking though so I avoid it.

Burdock and aloes also contain immune stimulating polysaccharides.

Oregon grape root, and closely related herbs (goldenseal, barberry, coptis) should be avoided altogether. They are antiseptic, which can kill cancer microbes, but they also kill the intestinal flora. Since the flora help break down estrogen metabolites killing them off can actually promote cancer. Oregon grape root also suppresses immune function primarily by killing the flora, but the damage it can cause the intestinal lining can lead to leaky gut leading to stress on the adrenals resulting in more immune suppression. In addition, since you are in to the alkaline thing keep in mind that berberine herbs like Oregon grape root deplete alkalizing potassium from the body.

The Reverend George Malkmus used Barley grass.

Barley grass is also rich in phytoestrogens.

Johanna Brandt used the grape diet.

The effect of the grape diet was also due to the high level of estrogen antagonizing phytoestrogens. And it probably had some benefits from the antiviral polyphenols.

People have successfully eliminated cancer using all of these methods.

If curing cancer was as simple as detoxing then drinking water, which is one of Nature's best detoxifiers would cure cancer. Unfortunately it doesn't.

This is why I always say that cancer needs to be addressed in different manners targeting as many of cancer's Achille's heels as possible. For example, targeting cancer microbes, inhibiting the Cori cycle, blocking mitosis, blocking angiogenesis, blocking metastases, etc.

However, for a most effective treatment, diet, lifestyle, and other natural remedies also need to be used, and strictly followed. When people take a half-hearted approach, it usually does not work.

I definitely agree with the last sentence in particular. I have watched a number of people do things kind of off and on or jumping around every few weeks if they don't think they are seeing results.

And yes, diet is an important factor. For example, loading up on hormone laden meat and dairy with cancer is not going to do much good.

As for lifestyles this is pretty vague. But things like giving up smoking if a person smokes would be helpful. And if you live near a nuclear power plant where radiation is being released, live on a toxic waste dump or live downstream from a dioxin releasing paper mill then the person may want to consider moving.

RE: Best herbs for cancer? - Joe - 07-05-2012 11:40 PM

James

With the examples I have mentioned, there are people who have eliminated cancer using those methods.

With the herbs you have mentioned, are there people who have eliminated cancer using those methods?

RE: Best herbs for cancer? - James - 07-06-2012 12:40 AM

(07-05-2012 11:40 PM)Joe Wrote:  James

With the examples I have mentioned, there are people who have eliminated cancer using those methods.

With the herbs you have mentioned, are there people who have eliminated cancer using those methods?

Yes, and there is research behind the effects of many of these herbs as well. For example, chaparral was found by several research universities to inhibit cancer mitosis. Chaparral also kills cancer microbes, boosts the immune system and is the strongest natural anti-oxidant known working in both the lipid and water portions of the cell.

Yucca schidegra and Gynostemma (jiaogulan) primarily kill cancer cells by binding and pulling cholesterol from the cell membranes effectively lysing the cells. These herbs also boost the immune system through the adrenals.

I can go on and on the mechanisms of different herbs on cancer. But I will be addressing these in my book on cancer I am working on.

Normally I don't recommend herbs alone for cancers since usually by the time people decide they want to go holistic they have already gone the allopathic route, which not only failed but also did serious damage to the immune system. Advanced and aggressive cancers generally require more than just herbs to stop the cancer.

An exception are the leukemias and lymphomas, which are viral in origin and respond extremely well to the antiviral lapacho (pau d' arco, taheebo, ipe roxo). Especially when combined with another antiviral chaparral. These generally clear up within a month or two of herbal therapy. The quickest I know of was in an 11 year old with leukemia. His parents had written what I wrote on herbal therapy for leukemia wrote to me to let me know that their son's leukemia was gone within a couple of weeks. Normally it takes a little longer so I have to assume that his cancer was in the early stages when he was started on the herbs.

For advanced and aggressive cancers I recommend including ozone therapy or sometimes other therapies such as radio-frequency (RF) therapy. But there is a lot of misconceptions going around concerning RF therapy, which is why I don't mention it very often. I waste too much time arguing with people trying to clear up these misconceptions. But I have seen RF therapy work a number of times as well. The first case was in a person with advanced liver cancer, which has a 0% survival rate by allopathic standards. The man was given less than a week to live. He only used the RF therapy, with a single frequency of 666hz, and died two years later from an unrelated aneurism. Tests he had a month prior though had confirmed that there was no cancer present.

RE: Best herbs for cancer? - henrywronger - 08-21-2012 02:56 PM

Celandine is a very conventional cancer herb and is used in anti cancer drug called Ukrain. This drug stimulates good immune system tendencies as well as both the devastation and shrinkage of active cancer cells in the body.

RE: Best herbs for cancer? - balancedsynergy - 06-13-2014 11:56 AM

Hey James, i just did a quick Google search on chaparral to find out how to get some and the first things im reading is that there has been associated liver damage findings with it and no conclusive studies on its health benefits.Huh After studying you, your articles and post on other sites, as well, this doesn't fit my profile of you, at all. Kindly advise , Jeff

RE: Best herbs for cancer? - James - 06-14-2014 10:33 PM

(06-13-2014 11:56 AM)balancedsynergy Wrote:  Hey James, i just did a quick Google search on chaparral to find out how to get some and the first things im reading is that there has been associated liver damage findings with it and no conclusive studies on its health benefits.Huh After studying you, your articles and post on other sites, as well, this doesn't fit my profile of you, at all. Kindly advise , Jeff

The plant is only toxic if used fresh. This is due to the pyrrolizidine alkaloids found in the fresh plant. There are also other plants with these same types of alkaloids such as comfrey, germander and coltsfoot. So these herbs should be dried and aged for at least 2 months before use to destroy the pyrrolizidine alkaloids. Here is an old article I did on the subject:

http://www.medcapsules.com/info/Chaparral.htm