MedCapsules Forum
Success!!!!! Asthma & Chronic sinustitis almost cured and questions on Hyperthyroid - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: Success!!!!! Asthma & Chronic sinustitis almost cured and questions on Hyperthyroid (/showthread.php?tid=2643)

Success!!!!! Asthma & Chronic sinustitis almost cured and questions on Hyperthyroid - getwellsoon - 06-29-2012 11:31 PM

Hello James,

Just wanted to give an update. I hope you remember how I was trying to wean myself off from using Corticosteriod (inhaler)that I was taking for my asthma.

I have now stopped my inhaler once again for a week now. I dont't wake in the night coughing or struggling for breath. So far i didn't require coleous forskholli (don't want because I want to gain weight) or nettle leaf( which makes my skin even more dry). I was trying to remove/clean my carpets....but it seems I don't require
them anymore. It is all because of the one and only god sent JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to tell u the foolish things that I did in the past when I tried to wean my inhaler earlier and also share my success that I have attained only because of you.

1. I have been taking chinese licorice 1/2 tsp 3 times, Amla 1500 mg for almost 4 months now and also Bcomplex 50 for almost 3 months but was not taking it along with ACV.
Probably my adrenals didn't get enough support because I was low in stomach acid ( as you have always told me). This was the time when I was trying to stop my inhaler and I was struggling for 2 months no sleep, coughing at night and finally was back on my inhaler.
But a week ago I started taking b complex with ACV, Magnesium malate and Zinc my asthma seems to be gone on the same day. ( My inhaler will be going to the garbage very soon)

2. Though you advised me several times to increase my stomach acid, I was having problems with TMG earlier which made me constipated. You mentioned that TMG could cause electrolyte imbalance. I was taking Metagenics tablets containing high doses of Chinese Rehmania for my thyroid and adrenal support.
At that time when I got my blood checked the potassium was slightly high. I started panicking but you were very sure it was due the cardiac glycosides properties of chinese rehmania. You have been always right. When I stopped the chinese rehmannia the potassium level dropped. It was during the same time when I was taking the high doses of chinese rehmannia I also started trying TMG which caused be problems at that time.
I have totally stopped taking those tablets for a longtime now and have been able to take 750 mg of TMG 3 times with no problems.

Is the following true?????

a. Was I not digesting food poperly which caused a lot of histamine realease due to undigested proteins in the blood?
b. Was I undermethylating which increased my histamine levels?

3. As I told you earlier I have now stopped worrying about my health and things that are out of my control, have reduced my stress levels and changed a lot.

If I had been sharp I would have attained this success quite early itself.

Chronic sinusitis was like buy one get one free offerBig Grin. If I was on my inhaler my chronic sinusitis symptoms would be worse. Once I stop my inhaler, my sinusitis also goes away. Ozone did save my life when I had my sinus infections.

One more important update:

I believe my mastoditis was gone a long time ago.....as I did the ozone dosage u recommended... But I was still in fear whether any infection was still lingering and hence was troubling you with too many questions. But recently I observed that when the cold air blows in my ear then I get some kind of pain in my ear for sometime
which caused me to believe my mastoiditis was still there. But recently started covering my ears when I go out in the cold weather and no problems now.
Did some nerve get damaged due to the infection?

Mastoiditis - cured
Asthma - cured
chronic sinusitis - cured
digestion - still working in building my stomach acid
Hyperthyroid - 100% believe that James advice will cure it

Hyperthyroid questions:

James My ultrasound of my thyroid says I have nodules and probably thyroiditis. As I mentioned my adrenals are building up, should I try the pau d arco, andrographis,chapparal mixture? or can I do ozone rectally for killing the infection? Which is
more effective?

You also mentioned about taking potassium iodide. what would be dosage and for how long should I take? Can you suggest whether the below product is good?
http://www.biovea.com/eu/product_detail.aspx?NAME=&PID=2686&OS=201

Misc question: 1.Does the menstrual cycle weaken the adrenals?

Finally waiting to gain that extra 5 kilos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see god in you James as alleviate my pain and suffering....I am so grateful to you for giving my life back......

Thanks a ton!!

RE: Success!!!!! Asthma & Chronic sinustitis almost cured and questions on Hyperthyroid - Joe - 06-30-2012 12:00 AM

With asthma, in addition to the supplements which you have found to be beneficial, I suggest you learn the Buteyko breathing technique.

RE: Success!!!!! Asthma & Chronic sinustitis almost cured and questions on Hyperthyroid - James - 06-30-2012 02:28 AM

(06-29-2012 11:31 PM)getwellsoon Wrote:  Hello James,

Just wanted to give an update. I hope you remember how I was trying to wean myself off from using Corticosteriod (inhaler)that I was taking for my asthma.

I have now stopped my inhaler once again for a week now. I dont't wake in the night coughing or struggling for breath. So far i didn't require coleous forskholli (don't want because I want to gain weight) or nettle leaf( which makes my skin even more dry). I was trying to remove/clean my carpets....but it seems I don't require
them anymore. It is all because of the one and only god sent JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to tell u the foolish things that I did in the past when I tried to wean my inhaler earlier and also share my success that I have attained only because of you.

1. I have been taking chinese licorice 1/2 tsp 3 times, Amla 1500 mg for almost 4 months now and also Bcomplex 50 for almost 3 months but was not taking it along with ACV.
Probably my adrenals didn't get enough support because I was low in stomach acid ( as you have always told me). This was the time when I was trying to stop my inhaler and I was struggling for 2 months no sleep, coughing at night and finally was back on my inhaler.
But a week ago I started taking b complex with ACV, Magnesium malate and Zinc my asthma seems to be gone on the same day. ( My inhaler will be going to the garbage very soon)

2. Though you advised me several times to increase my stomach acid, I was having problems with TMG earlier which made me constipated. You mentioned that TMG could cause electrolyte imbalance. I was taking Metagenics tablets containing high doses of Chinese Rehmania for my thyroid and adrenal support.
At that time when I got my blood checked the potassium was slightly high. I started panicking but you were very sure it was due the cardiac glycosides properties of chinese rehmania. You have been always right. When I stopped the chinese rehmannia the potassium level dropped. It was during the same time when I was taking the high doses of chinese rehmannia I also started trying TMG which caused be problems at that time.
I have totally stopped taking those tablets for a longtime now and have been able to take 750 mg of TMG 3 times with no problems.

a. Was I not digesting food poperly which caused a lot of histamine realease due to undigested proteins in the blood?

Definitely a possibility. Low stomach acid increases the risk of allergic reactions as proteins not completely digested enter the bloodstream through the gut acting as antigens. This leads to increased histamine as part of the allergic response.

Undermethylation does increase histamine levels as well.

3. As I told you earlier I have now stopped worrying about my health and things that are out of my control, have reduced my stress levels and changed a lot.

Great news, that should help a lot.

Chronic sinusitis was like buy one get one free offerBig Grin. If I was on my inhaler my chronic sinusitis symptoms would be worse. Once I stop my inhaler, my sinusitis also goes away. Ozone did save my life when I had my sinus infections.

I believe my mastoditis was gone a long time ago.....as I did the ozone dosage u recommended... But I was still in fear whether any infection was still lingering and hence was troubling you with too many questions. But recently I observed that when the cold air blows in my ear then I get some kind of pain in my ear for sometime
which caused me to believe my mastoiditis was still there. But recently started covering my ears when I go out in the cold weather and no problems now.

Not likely. But even if there was any nerve damage it should slowly heal over time.

Sometimes the inner ear is just sensitive to the cold. I used to have to put cotton plugs in my ears when I ran in the winter to prevent pain in my inner ears.

Mastoiditis - cured
Asthma - cured

Hyperthyroid questions:

James My ultrasound of my thyroid says I have nodules and probably thyroiditis. As I mentioned my adrenals are building up, should I try the pau d arco, andrographis,chapparal mixture? or can I do ozone rectally for killing the infection? Which is
more effective?

Thyroiditis is not always from an infection. But the ozone through the ear would not hurt. If nothing else the extra oxygen from the ozone breakdown can help with glandular function.

I would recommend focusing primarily on your adrenals though as they are responsible for controlling inflammation in the body as well as regulating immune responses.

You also mentioned about taking potassium iodide. what would be dosage and for how long should I take? Can you suggest whether the below product is good?

Normally I prefer natural sources of iodine, but in your case the potassium iodide would be safer since it lacks the immune stimulating polysaccharides of many seaweeds that can aggravate autoimmune disorders.

The product you linked will work. The amount of iodine is low enough to not be a problem. I recommend 1 capsule daily.

It should not directly. If the menstruation was heavy enough the resulting anemia could cause problems.

Have you tried adding more healthy fats to your diet such as avacados, nuts, etc?

I see god in you James as alleviate my pain and suffering....I am so grateful to you for giving my life back......

Thanks a ton!!

You're welcome, and thanks for the update.

RE: Success!!!!! Asthma & Chronic sinustitis almost cured and questions on Hyperthyroid - skye - 06-30-2012 08:50 PM

"Finally waiting to gain that extra 5 kilos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried adding more healthy fats to your diet such as avacados, nuts, etc?"

Other options that I use, are plant fats such as coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil (I like Bariani) and/or lecithin.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful, inspiring testimonial.

RE: Success!!!!! Asthma & Chronic sinustitis almost cured and questions on Hyperthyroid - getwellsoon - 08-05-2012 08:03 PM

(06-30-2012 02:28 AM)James Wrote:  

Definitely a possibility. Low stomach acid increases the risk of allergic reactions as proteins not completely digested enter the bloodstream through the gut acting as antigens. This leads to increased histamine as part of the allergic response.

Undermethylation does increase histamine levels as well.

Great news, that should help a lot.

Not likely. But even if there was any nerve damage it should slowly heal over time.

Sometimes the inner ear is just sensitive to the cold. I used to have to put cotton plugs in my ears when I ran in the winter to prevent pain in my inner ears.

Mastoiditis - cured
Asthma - cured

Hyperthyroid questions:

more effective?

Thyroiditis is not always from an infection. But the ozone through the ear would not hurt. If nothing else the extra oxygen from the ozone breakdown can help with glandular function.

I would recommend focusing primarily on your adrenals though as they are responsible for controlling inflammation in the body as well as regulating immune responses.

Normally I prefer natural sources of iodine, but in your case the potassium iodide would be safer since it lacks the immune stimulating polysaccharides of many seaweeds that can aggravate autoimmune disorders.

The product you linked will work. The amount of iodine is low enough to not be a problem. I recommend 1 capsule daily.

It should not directly. If the menstruation was heavy enough the resulting anemia could cause problems.

Have you tried adding more healthy fats to your diet such as avacados, nuts, etc?

Thanks a ton!!

You're welcome, and thanks for the update.

James,
A tremendous success in using Potassium Iodide. My weight loss has stopped in the last two weeks since I started taking potassium iodide. This is a miracle because for the last three years my weight loss was very bad it will never stop unless I take prunella or Lemon balm. My eyes would bulge out if I don't take them. But I ran out of stock the prunella you gave me and the potassium iodide arrived at the right time. whooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!Cool
My question: How is potassium iodide helping with my thyroid nodules????? For how long should I take it?
An update: though I am off my inhaler (corticosteroid), when I near my menstrual cycle I somehow catch a cold, sinus infection and get some wheezing. I am still lazy by not taking the beetroot juice daily to increase my iron levels (because you mentioned anemia could weaken the adrenals. I will do so and give an update soon whether I am consistent in progress or not.
Sometimes I am not consistent with my dosage for e.g. I was taking TMG 750 and later when my stock was over I went down to 500 mg. I have again started to take 500X2 times a day as I read here that it helps with the nutrient absorption.
Also I ran out of Jiaogulan a couple of weeks and just placed the order today. Can you please let me know the dosage once again for Jiaogulan?
Also my diet is kind of alright but not very nutritious because of busy lifestyle.
I have been taking ACV 2-3 tsps with my breakfast along with my B complex for almost 5 weeks now. But I feel I have started having slight gallbladder pain recently (I have a small gallstone). So I started taking digestive bitters 1X day just before lunch. I think it helps by secreting more bile and I feel better. I have also been taking magnesium malate around 300 mg a day. Does it interrupt with the bile secretion? But I remember you telling that it is good in dissolving the gallstones?
I am also trying focus on my digestive issues and address the malabsorption issues....currently my stools are quite loose and also floats most of the times...... But the bitters are helping.... I have got some yucca root powder but hesitant to start now because I want be 100% sure I am not allergic to any new herbs I take which might bring back my asthma symptoms.... I think the slippery elm tea helps the stools to be more formed.....
Question: You always advise to boil the slippery elm tea on high heat with pot covered for 20 mins...but it overflows very quickly....so I am boiling with pot open. Is that alright?
I also got some store bought kefir ...but to allow further fermentation should I open the lid( meaning break the seal) Also if the kefir grains are not present in store bought how can further fermentation happen? Can I keep it outside the fridge to speed up the fermentation? I remember u saying that u keep kefir in the fridge for up to 5 months past the best before date? I want the lactose be fully gone at the same time I don't some bad guys to be breeding....

I always feel my bowel is not emptied completely in the morning....After I have my breakfast, in 15 mins I have gas formation and also an urge to have a BM. Same thing happens after lunch. My Bowel pattern has been changing a lot in the last three years. Three years ago I was so constipated after taking loads of garlic digestive enzymes etc...at that time slippery elm and licorice helped a lot. but now the BM is more frequent 2-3X times a day....
James before me starting to take to avocadoes and nuts I want to fix these digestive and malabsorption issues.
I also have dry and cracked lips. What does it indicate? What can I do for it?
My son:

My 6 yr son has got a cold for more than a week now....I have always been worried about his adrenals....because I have not been a healthy mom when I gave birth to him....Today I have given him little Chinese licorice root( less than a 1/4 teaspoon), 250 mg amla and half b complex. I also gave him Yakult (probiotic drink....kefir is giving him gas as it does for me)....Can you please confirm the licorice root dosage I need to give me?
He is really sweet gorgeous boy (as you always seen him over Skype) but he is really obsessed with some Cartoon characters like Spiderman and Ben10. I believe that both of us have obsessive compulsive disorder to some extent. He wants to be no 1 all the time and wants to be a superhero.... I know this is little bit too much when compared to other kids....he is in the Spiderman world most of the time.....what I can do to stop this? But to be honest he watches Spiderman cartoon most of the time. He is loved by all his friends and teachers because he is very affectionate and nice well behaved boy but at the same time he is less matured for his age like me. But you advised me that it is mostly environmental reasons but could you suggest some herbs to improve this? Probably give him some TMG? But he is reasonably good at Maths and English.....His Maths teacher says he is quite focused in his work...but when he gets distracted he goes into another world and is little difficult to bring him back.....more of my characteristics....At the same time he stresses himself to get the task to be done quicker.....He wants to achieve but I want him to do so without stressing himself too much so that he does not weaken his adrenals. Am I right?
Sorry for bothering you with the long stories as always.... I am sharing this because you might suggest something that can make life sweeter and smooth for me and my son.

Today is a Bank holiday here in Sydney and I am enjoying the day by writing this post to you. I have been extremely busy and stressed at work for the past few weeks and finally I got the time I wanted..........

Thanks a ton...........Shy

RE: Success!!!!! Asthma & Chronic sinustitis almost cured and questions on Hyperthyroid - James - 08-06-2012 11:12 PM

Glad to hear you are doing better with this. The more you can avoid the inhalers the better. Inhalers can cover up symptoms, but they also make the underlying condition worse.

Low stomach acid does increase this risk. To properly break down proteins you need to have sufficient stomach acid since the protein digestive enzyme requires a sufficiently acidic environment to work properly. If there is "leaky gut" present the incompletely digested proteins can be absorbed through the intestine and act as antigens to the immune system.

Undermethylation can increase histamine levels.

Great, I am glad to hear you finally are addressing the stress issue. That is so important to recovering your adrenals.

Inhalers can weaken the immune system contributing to sinus infections.

You do not need an infection or inflammation to cause pain in the ear from cold air. When I used to run in the winter I always had to put plugs in my ears to prevent the cold air from causing inner ear pain.

Mastoiditis - cured
Asthma - cured

Hyperthyroid questions:

more effective?

If there is an infection I would go with both the herbs and the ozone. But the ozone can be done through ear insufflation to concentrate the ozone in the head area.

And the chaparral will also help support your adrenals.

Those capsules provide more iodine that is recommended as a safe limit. For iodine you would be better off using seaweeds, which also provide accessory minerals and will also help support the other glands. Bladderwrack or dulse would be the best choices.

Not directly, but the stress such as the irritability from the elevated progesterone could.

Thanks a ton!!

You're welcome. Glad to hear about your great progress.Smile