MedCapsules Forum
glaucoma - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: glaucoma (/showthread.php?tid=2642)

glaucoma - skye - 06-29-2012 08:36 PM

Hi James,

Glaucoma runs in my family and caused my grandmother to go blind. I've noticed the vision in my right eye starting to dim around the outer edge, which scares me because with glaucoma, peripheral vision goes first. I wear glasses for reading. I'm female, 54 years old.

I have a booklet of vision exercises. I'm going to start doing them again. In the past, I was able to improve my vision back to a previous prescription just by doing the exercises.

What foods and herbs would you suggest? Any other general advice?

Thanks so much,

skye

RE: glaucoma - James - 06-29-2012 10:42 PM

(06-29-2012 08:36 PM)skye Wrote:  Hi James,

Glaucoma runs in my family and caused my grandmother to go blind. I've noticed the vision in my right eye starting to dim around the outer edge, which scares me because with glaucoma, peripheral vision goes first. I wear glasses for reading. I'm female, 54 years old.

I have a booklet of vision exercises. I'm going to start doing them again. In the past, I was able to improve my vision back to a previous prescription just by doing the exercises.

What foods and herbs would you suggest? Any other general advice?

Thanks so much,

skye

There are a couple of things that I know of that will drop interocular pressure.

Vitamin C sources will help. I prefer natural sources to the synthetics since they tend to be stronger and more stable. Good sources include berries, watercress, papaya, kiwis, rosehips, acerola cherry and amla.

The other is coleus forskohlii. Traditionally the coleus forskohlii is made in to eye drops for the treatment of glaucoma. I am not sure if the already prepared eye drops are sold anywhere or not.

It has been found that taking coleus forskohlii internally can help as well, although it is not as effective as the eye drops.

RE: glaucoma - skye - 06-29-2012 10:43 PM

Thank you James. Of the herbs that you sell, what would be the best ones for the eyes and for my situation? Do you sell the coleus forskohlii and if yes, do you know how I could make it into drops?

I really appreciate this peaceful forum and your very kind help.

skye

RE: glaucoma - Joe - 06-30-2012 12:14 AM

Glaucoma can be eliminated using Ginkgo biloba and dark berries, such as Bilberry. You need to take these for a long time.

Dandelion is also beneficial.

Regular exercise is also beneficial.

Overweight people with glaucoma, should see an improvement when they lose weight.

RE: glaucoma - James - 06-30-2012 02:22 AM

(06-29-2012 10:43 PM)skye Wrote:  Thank you James. Of the herbs that you sell, what would be the best ones for the eyes and for my situation? Do you sell the coleus forskohlii and if yes, do you know how I could make it into drops?

I really appreciate this peaceful forum and your very kind help.

skye

Depends in part on the form of glaucoma. Some forms involve inflammation, in which the Adrenal Tonic would be recommended.

I have coleus powder and possibly some extract. I would have to look and see if there is any extract left.

I have not made the eye drops, but it should be relatively easy. Basically it would be making a water extract of the herb or powdered extract. Not sure what you would use for a preservative though that will not irritate the eyes. Probably the easiest way to go would be to use a base of regular saline eye drops since this should already have a preservative.

RE: glaucoma - skye - 06-30-2012 08:44 PM

Thank you, both of you, for your kind help,

skye